Question Time

Elixir

how does that equate, go on I'm listening?

Let me try - you see yourself as loyal (or Loyal) to someone, or something. Therefore, anyone or thing which you perceive as a challenge to the subject of your loyalty you see as a threat - no matter how illogical the premise. Your understanding of the word "republican", is a cracking example of the thought processes you share with many who choose to cleave to your ideals.

Mon tae f*ck Fidey, even you must have squirmed at that, he was almost speaking sense until that wee outburst!

On a separate note, wonder how Big Eck feels that his protégé seems so much more capable and engaging than he could ever have dreamed of? Wee Nicky and the Devo Max option would have been a cert for most Scots imho! It would have been a landslide!

I've followed politics for 30 years and I've not witnessed a more capable politician than Salmond, red or blue and he'd have been a shoe in for PM, thankfully he's a Scottish nationalist.

I've followed politics for 30 years and I've not witnessed a more capable politician than Salmond, red or blue and he'd have been a shoe in for PM, thankfully he's a Scottish nationalist.

Why are you thankful for that?

Surely if he was as magnificent as you claim and certain to win the PM job it would be better having him lead the country not just a small region of it?

Let me try - you see yourself as loyal (or Loyal) to someone, or something. Therefore, anyone or thing which you perceive as a challenge to the subject of your loyalty you see as a threat - no matter how illogical the premise. Your understanding of the word "republican", is a cracking example of the thought processes you share with many who choose to cleave to your ideals.

I don't understand any of that post, my apologies, but it goes with most of the pish that you put on here!

Republican = Caffy terrorist.

BRALT for this pish!

Pretty much every politics thread Rob marches into turns into rampant bunfieldery. It's so fucking tiresome.

Rob, nobody cares about the failed statelet, loyalism etc.

and that's what was being discussed here eh Swampy? On you trot !!

Any politics thread you post on eventually devolves into something about shaking hands with Martin McGuinness. It's a question of when, not if. Right now we're already onto unionism, bigotry etc. and it's because you march, beetroot-faced, into these threads to feign outrage about Corbyn's IRA links.

Any politics thread you post on eventually devolves into something about shaking hands with Martin McGuinness. It's a question of when, not if. Right now we're already onto unionism, bigotry etc. and it's because you march, beetroot-faced, into these threads to feign outrage about Corbyn's IRA links.

His long founded sucking up to the IRA is well documented mate, you're right, it doesn't need me to point it out. As for the Beetroot face jibe, I'm not gonna argue with that! I'll try to keep these threads well alone if that helps.

Got around to watching this. The Tory woman's awful performance confirmed what I predicted about Corbyn's election. They may well win the next election but the Tories aren't going to enjoy the next few years.

Cameron and co have never had to actually debate their position. If Corbyn and McDonnell manage to keep the head and continue putting forward a genuinely alternative vision, the vapid soundbites and smears are going to wear thin very quickly.

Salmond strolled it anaw.