Question Time

Elixir

41 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I applied to go in the audience tonight and was invited but I've decided at the last minute not to bother... 

Is it at Eden Court? Tempted to go down and ask Fraser Nelson to do his funny voice, cracks me up.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Zern said:

Craig Hoy was on debate night and was that chap who got owned by Lesley Riddoch. He has the media training, but is an idiot thankfully. He will go far. Potentially their next leader.

This is undoubtedly and objectively the case.

I was cringing for Hoy.

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is it at Eden Court? Tempted to go down and ask Fraser Nelson to do his funny voice, cracks me up.

Yeah. Filmed between 7 and 9.30pm. I was asked in a phone call yesterday...

What I voted in EU referendum 

What I voted in Indyref 1 and what I would vote in indyref2

Who I voted at last general elections and who I would for at the next one.

Also had to come up with 2 things that are "popular" that I'd want to ask. Then on the day you could write a further question down in case anything came up today.

I had to give them all my social media usernames too so they could check me out.

6 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Also had to come up with 2 things that are "popular" that I'd want to ask. Then on the day you could write a further question down in case anything came up today.

I had to give them all my social media usernames too so they could check me out.

Wow. No excuse for flooding the audience with vein popping right wingers most weeks then. Do they promise to keep that information confidential?

5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

They don’t really have to.  Data protection obliges them to.

Maybe so, but you're about to appear on TV and an unknown number of BBC employees and their girlfriend/boyfriends, and likely folk they met in the bar after the show, have access to your social media history. As soon as you say something controversial on the show you'll be a target.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe so, but you're about to appear on TV and an unknown number of BBC employees and their girlfriend/boyfriends, and likely folk they met in the bar after the show, have access to your social media history. As soon as you say something controversial on the show you'll be a target.

I wonder how many participants will have used P&B user names other than their own? 🤔

2 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

You got invited on to the show so who on P&B did you pretend to be?

"Do we really want a country that is split down the middle?" always makes me laugh. We have a country that is split down the middle on independence regardless of whether a referendum in 2023 actually happens or not. 

10 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

"Do we really want a country that is split down the middle?" always makes me laugh. We have a country that is split down the middle on independence regardless of whether a referendum in 2023 actually happens or not. 

A country that’s split down the middle? Not in my glorious and united UK.

BC1C7224-78DC-4094-AD43-940D4ED9F89C.jpeg

Edited by Antlion

I used to work with Fraser Nelson’s brother and he was the soundest cunt ever. I didn’t realise his older brother was a Unionist bootlicker.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

I love the 'cast iron guarantee' I won't be worse off. Right now, you could lose your job through totally something unexpected, and you'll be worse off. These things happen unfortunately. COVID. 🤷. Noone knows. It's a cop out. The currency, border, pension, etc is a convenient excuse. Every other country on the planet deals with this, and a modern Western European country like Scotland, with an embarrassment of natural resources and educated population would be fine. 

2 minutes ago, GTee said:

I love the 'cast iron guarantee' I won't be worse off. Right now, you could lose your job through totally something unexpected, and you'll be worse off. These things happen unfortunately. COVID. 🤷. Noone knows. It's a cop out. The currency, border, pension, etc is a convenient excuse. Every other country on the planet deals with this, and a modern Western European country like Scotland, with an embarrassment of natural resources and educated population would be fine. 

yeah - that's your "me and mine" attitude prevalent amongst your "Milngavie" demographic. Yes, you say we may be a fairer, cleaner, outward looking, more progressive country, once again enjoying free movement of persons and goods within the EU, but there is the possibility I might be £10 worse off per month? No thanks.