Question Time

Elixir

Now Farage is on explaining how Brexit has significantly increased Britain's standing in the world!
Fucking hell.
I loved it when the presenter rinsed him for claiming the ECHR was clearly part of the EU as "you come out the door of one organisation, walk a few hundred meters and you reach the door of the other". Presenter simply pointed out that geographically he could walk out the BBC studio and walk a few hundred meters to ITVs front door, doesn't mean they are both part of the same entity.

On 24/06/2022 at 00:35, GiGi said:

Just a normal QT audience member having a normal one.

Not even a good analogy.  Dinosaurs are gone not because of something they did.  A giant asteroid hit the Earth.

If a similar asteroid hit us just now then we would be wiped out too.

Why did nobody point this out to her?

5 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Not even a good analogy.  Dinosaurs are gone not because of something they did.  A giant asteroid hit the Earth.

If a similar asteroid hit us just now then we would be wiped out too.

Why did nobody point this out to her?

Does she look/sound like someone who would be swayed by reasoned argument?

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Does she look/sound like someone who would be swayed by reasoned argument?

Not really.  Staying on topic I think she looks like a stegosaurus.  Not really a dinosaur expert.  I might have got that wrong.

I remember when the BBC would complain about Putin's Russia - how he had total control over state broadcasting and it was full of his cronies spouting whatever he wanted them to say.

Strangely the BBC don't seem to plug that line anymore.

Obviously too self aware.

Only 2 Tories on this week. That's unusual.

I have no idea who Craig Hoy is. Or Pam Duncan-Glancy. I wonder why Sarwar or DRoss are not on?

Edit: Just checked. The Tory and Labour MSPs are from the newest intake to Holyrood. 

Edit2: It's in Inverness. Fingers crossed for another appearance from QT gold.

nigelv2.jpg?quality=75&width=640&auto=we

Edited by Suspect Device

22 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I have no idea who Craig Hoy is. Or Pam Duncan-Glancy. I wonder why Sarwar or DRoss are not on?

Edit: Just checked. The Tory and Labour MSPs are from the newest intake to Holyrood. 

Hoy is awful mate, a gift to you lot.

I've heard Duncan-Glancy speak a few times and have been impressed.

19 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Angus Robertson, woo-pee-dooh!

The humble crofter will be in full grudge and grievance mode, as per usual, boring everyone to death. Blackford is the humble crofter, not Robertson?

SnarlingElectricFairyfly-max-1mb.gif

At least Fraser Nelson is there - a man of sense and integrity. You must be fucking joking. Oh, you're not.

Craig Hoy is an awful choice for the Tories.  They have so many other better options.

17 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Hoy is awful mate, a gift to you lot.

I've heard Duncan-Glancy speak a few times and have been impressed.

What do you mean, you lot? I'm not and never have been a member of the SNP and, as you know, I don't even vote for them these days. (Except in the general election/referendum 😉 )

59 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Craig Hoy was on debate night and was that chap who got owned by Lesley Riddoch. He has the media training, but is an idiot thankfully. He will go far. Potentially their next leader.

1 minute ago, Zern said:

Craig Hoy was on debate night and was that chap who got owned by Lesley Riddoch. He has the media training, but is an idiot thankfully. He will go far. Potentially their next leader.

You'd have to engage in some serious mental gymnastics to conclude that Riddoch owned him.

Her mask slipped.  She just sarcastically talked over him without answering his point, making a nasty jibe in the process.

Riddoch would do well to play the ball instead of the man.

Hoy is still a terrible speaker though.