Question Time

Elixir

Johnson was a mess tonight. 

Is the tide starting to shift? 

He can’t handle a tv debate. It was the same before his election as PM, they didn’t want him in front of the cameras because they know he’ll f**k it up. He’s gone some way to doing that tonight but sadly the gammons will still vote for him overwhelming.

If you already disliked Johnson before that, he will have done nothing to change your mind. Saying that, I don't think we saw or heard much from him that we hadn't already about a thousand times before. He definitely wasn't good, but I'm not convinced it was the unmitigated disaster that some are making out, either. 

Swinson was the clear loser, for me. Just an absolutely brutal half an hour. 

Always feel like the pool of voters who are both undecided and also interested enough in politics to watch QT must be pretty small

Absolutely. We got a real sense of this election as Johnson hit out with his Brexit lines early on to some clapping, 25-28 minutes of him being torn apart, shouted at, laughed at and mocked. The people who clapped the Brexit lines were either joining in or silent - nobody could find that performance anything other than alarming.

Then, right at the end, another Brexit line, some clapping and a big X next to the Conservative candidate come December 12th.

England knows he’s a lying charlatan, they just don’t care. Brexit means Brexit.

Guest Moomintroll

Slightly grumpy as I need to be in work early tomorrow but looking forward to more than a few beverages tomorrow night, suspect Naismith might be an embuggerance at some point tomorrow but confident of a result overall. How's you?

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

Absolutely. We got a real sense of this election as Johnson hit out with his Brexit lines early on to some clapping, 25-28 minutes of him being torn apart, shouted at, laughed at and mocked. The people who clapped the Brexit lines were either joining in or silent - nobody could find that performance anything other than alarming.

Then, right at the end, another Brexit line, some clapping and a big X next to the Conservative candidate come December 12th.

England knows he’s a lying charlatan, they just don’t care. Brexit means Brexit

It's dispiriting to think that this is the case.

English exceptionalism uber alles.

I didn't see Corbyn, but Sturgeon was great, as always. That kind if talking to the people thing really suits her. I actually think her hardest bit came when that bloke, who I think was a rabid yes da kept asking who promised the "once in a generation" thing because it was all just a bit weird. Swinson was dreadful and Johnson was absolute car crash stuff. I'm actually shocked by just how bad he was and just how uncomfortable he looked having to speak to the public. I doubt we will ever see him do that again.

18 minutes ago, Paco said:

Absolutely. Which party do you think England is going to generate most votes for?

Probably Tories but there are plenty of Tory voters up here as well. 

In 2017 19% voted Tory up here in real terms. In England it was 29%. That's shite but it's still 71% registered to vote adults not voting Tory plus 5-7m foreign born as well who probably wouldn't vote Tory. It's not Gammonland. 

Thought Fiona Bruce handled all this pretty well tonight.
She's improved a lot since she took over from Dimblebum - certainly wasn't overawed by BJ.
Agree, good pro independence Scottish presence too. Thought the last guy who was asking Nic, who promised it was once in a generation was a Yoon, but by the end think he was a Yes man who just couldn't get his point across [emoji23]
Swinson was a car crash

17 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Thought Fiona Bruce handled all this pretty well tonight.

She's improved a lot since she took over from Dimblebum - certainly wasn't overawed by BJ.

Kept throwing her own personal questions at the FM though instead of giving the crowd more time..... she must have thought they needed a little help getting the "right" questions to the FM. Our FM didn't even blink.