Question Time

Elixir

How do the BBC select these audiences?
That's the most depressing thing for me.

Farage is cheered loudly on every answer. The BBC are so shit scared of being accused of bias that they've let him bring his fan club (or actually the country is far more gullable and right wing than I dare to imagine).

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Farage is cheered loudly on every answer. The BBC are so shit scared of being accused of bias that they've let him bring his fan club (or actually the country is far more gullable and right wing than I dare to imagine).

The guy who selects the audiences is a vocal UKIP supporter as it happens.

Took you off block too, I'm in a good mood and you're alright.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Yep.

You've gotta love the English.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

They're so shit scared of being accused of bias that Farage is the only person on the panel standing for election, if that's not blatant bias (in the middle of an election campaign) then I don't know what is.

2 hours ago, Sharker said:

They're so shit scared of being accused of bias that Farage is the only person on the panel standing for election, if that's not blatant bias (in the middle of an election campaign) then I don't know what is.

Hmm.... they bring one person on the panel who is standing for election, then they load the crowd with his supporters...... it's almost as if..... they're trying to create a "poor Farage" victim mentality.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Farage is the ultimate attention-seeking, opportunity grabbing, lying populist, and he recognises that this is an opportunity like never before. 

He's the figurehead for a one-issue party with serious money behind it, and is effectively being sponsored by the right-wing newspapers. 

He can spout of whatever garbage he wants, and get constant free publicity. It's the perfect storm for him after years of failing to get into mainstream politics. 

The question remains, what direction will he and his band of extremist lunatics take after the EU elections ? The last few years have proven that anything is possible, and with the Tories running terrified of him there's every chance he'll be desperate for more power.

Dangerous times.

8 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

As far as I know Alison Fuller Pedley, she of liking Britain First on facebook etc. remains the person who picks the audience for QT.  Just stop watching it.

I did, long ago.

The program, its format, everything about it.... is a relic.

Like much of political stuff on the BBC.

The only thing I've been interested in recently was that Kuensberg documentary ( I assume that was BBC ).

With , as someone else said..., she and B. Johnson looking like an excerpt from First Dates.

Edited by beefybake