Question Time

Elixir

Geoff Norcott is pretty funny but I'm not sure about comedians on what is supposed to be a serious politics show. 

Where do they draw the line between entertainment and information?

Might watch to see what the reaction to the news about the lassie who ran off to join IS and now wants back is. That will surely feature since there's not much Brexit news. Mind you there's been very little new about Brexit in 2 1/2 years.

Grace Blakeley provides some good takes on the UK economy on Twitter and in the New Statesman but is (for obvious reasons) a bit too "#TeamLabour" at times.

Yeah Grace is quite decent. Seems similar to the Novara lot but less obsessed with self-promotion.

45 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Geoff Norcott is pretty funny but I'm not sure about comedians on what is supposed to be a serious politics show. 

Yip. There was none of this nonsense when Robin Day was in charge. 

Might actually watch it tonight because Mentorn will be shitting themselves about picking UKIP nutters again, and fixing who gets to ask a question. Could be interesting how they handle the "balance" and "adrenaline" factors.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Yeah Grace is quite decent. Seems similar to the Novara lot but less obsessed with self-promotion.

An Oxbridge PPE graduate though bQshDtu.png However, unlike the rest of the PPE commentator type, she does seem to have a decent grasp of economics. So it balances out IMO.

An Oxbridge PPE graduate though bQshDtu.png&key=5882f1445da1d531a598cd0f460259cb10a05e3438088fa0346ff2975d94f717 However, unlike the rest of the PPE commentator type, she does seem to have a decent grasp of economics. So it balances out IMO.

I don’t know what your problem is with that. A degree which guarantees an expert understanding of how to conduct politics, an understanding of the philosophical debates and questions we should consider when entering politics, and a thorough understanding of economics and how the economy works at an elite university seems the perfect method to ensure we get the best candidates possible for the world of politics.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Because they've been found out and might lose their contract with the BBC, and whatever programmes they're doing with the new Scottish channel.

He's been on four times (rumours of up to seven times) and asked to speak three so they (and their far-right producer) were found out ages ago.  What's changed?

10 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

He's been on four times (rumours of up to seven times) and asked to speak three so they (and their far-right producer) were found out ages ago.  What's changed?

They've been found out and it's all over the media. Thought that was obvious. 

Might watch to see what the reaction to the news about the lassie who ran off to join IS and now wants back is. That will surely feature since there's not much Brexit news. Mind you there's been very little new about Brexit in 2 1/2 years.

You can already be pretty sure of the reaction; that she should be immediately arrested on arrival and sent packing, back from whence she came, stripped of her British Citizenship and taking her wailing offspring with her.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I don’t know what your problem is with that. A degree which guarantees an expert understanding of how to conduct politics, an understanding of the philosophical debates and questions we should consider when entering politics, and a thorough understanding of economics and how the economy works at an elite university seems the perfect method to ensure we get the best candidates possible for the world of politics.

Think I'd rather have a bisexual bookie who does a degree on the sly myself. :P

Think I'd rather have a bisexual bookie who does a degree on the sly myself. [emoji14]

Was thinking the other night that I’d love to be an MP and just do an Ocasio-Cortez and stream online while chatting shit. Would be good to be guaranteed viewers. Could be known as “The MP for Fortnite”.