Question Time

Elixir

9 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

The shock when a QT audience doesn't match the demograph of P&B posters ! Wee taste of what awaits in event of an Indy2 ? "But everybody I know is YES how could we have lost !! " type amazeballs..

If only we had UK election data, scottish election data, local council elections, indy ref results, brexit ref results to give a factual basis of the political demographics of Motherwell.

Obviously these indy loving, brexit hating, SNPers, anti-tory folk were not properly represented by the BBC question time audience.

Instead the BBC recruit racists and give them an open mic to spout bullshit.

47 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

If only we had UK election data, scottish election data, local council elections, indy ref results, brexit ref results to give a factual basis of the political demographics of Motherwell.

Obviously these indy loving, brexit hating, SNPers, anti-tory folk were not properly represented by the BBC question time audience.

Didn’t expect such a reaction from a local audience. Perhaps the SNP hiking the price of booze has turned the people of Motherwell against them 

I really doubt people who apply to go on these shows represent a balanced section of the populace rather that it's already skewed by them being types who want to sit in a QT audience in the first place. Nats are offended by just about every QT audience these days regardless though..

This is true & causes a positive feedback loop of more bams going on to please the remaining bams that still watch it. The problem is this does not serve the public interest, which is still notionally something the BBC's flagship current affairs programming is supposed to do.
I watch it occasionally and doubt it really influences anybody these days. It's just another "speak your brains" sideshow. I do recognise it has an over representation of right wing roasters in the audience though. Doubt it would be improved by more representation of left wing and Nat roasters though..

11 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
1 hour ago, Jim McLean said:

I really doubt people who apply to go on these shows represent a balanced section of the populace rather that it's already skewed by them being types who want to sit in a QT audience in the first place. Nats are offended by just about every QT audience these days regardless though..

Facebook and Twitter were full of "ordinary" locals who applied and didn't get on.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Not sure what's worse. 

The BBC handpicking this Orange bigoted f*ckwit to deliberately hijack the programme, or the BritNat extremists who cheer him on and hilariously applaud him as 'challenging the SNP'.

f**k me. This is what it's come to, is it ? Welcome to the UK in 2019. 

56 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Not sure what's worse. 

The BBC handpicking this Orange bigoted f*ckwit to deliberately hijack the programme, or the BritNat extremists who cheer him on and hilariously applaud him as 'challenging the SNP'.

f**k me. This is what it's come to, is it ? Welcome to the UK in 2019. 

Actually, the 'luxury communists' of Novara Media tweeted him too in an attack on the SNP. The English lefties just don't get us...

Herald on the latest Question Time foray into promoting the hard-right crazies of Great Brittann.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17419425.bbc-question-time-slammed-after-former-ukip-candidate-makes-audience-appearance-for-third-time/

BBC's Question Time has come under criticism after a man appeared on the show for a THIRD time, despite supposedly stringent rules around applications. 

Billy Mitchell appeared on the popular politics show last night when it
aired from Motherwell, North Lanarkshire, wearing a distinctive orange jacket.

Guess such 'stringent rules' don't apply when the person enforcing them is a Britain First supporter:

https://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2016/12/05/bbc-question-time-fake-audiences/

I'd query why so many people with strong political views repeatedly try to get on and be seen. These shows in this age generate clips that can be packaged up on facebook as 'Good Rangers Boy DESTROYS SNP' that get fired at people who have said ***** in their private messages. It is dangerous and the BBC is sleeping.

Obvs it isn’t good but I’m struggling to think of any mentalists who made waves online apart from the legend who made the best case for the union and the gammons attacking Corbyn.

Guess such 'stringent rules' don't apply when the person enforcing them is a Britain First supporter:
https://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2016/12/05/bbc-question-time-fake-audiences/

lol I saw this earlier. Bastano is an absolute charlatan. My mate met him at a party presumably off his face on coke slagging off people for playing “Come Out Ye Black and Tans” for “glorifying nationalism” or some shit.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Obvs it isn’t good but I’m struggling to think of any mentalists who made waves online apart from the legend who made the best case for the union and the gammons attacking Corbyn.

lol I saw this earlier. Bastano is an absolute charlatan. My mate met him at a party presumably off his face on coke slagging off people for playing “Come Out Ye Black and Tans” for “glorifying nationalism” or some shit.

Was more or less unaware of Bastano until now. He retweeted a flute band member whose logo has a red hand on a Confederate flag... Christ on a crutch.

Decent write-up in the Canary.

https://www.thecanary.co/trending/2019/02/08/its-question-time-for-the-bbc-after-this-former-ukip-candidate-appears-in-the-audience-yet-again/

4 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Was more or less unaware of Bastano until now.

Me too. Google tells me he's the third-person plural present indicative of bastare in Italian. Not sure what bastare means, but doesn't sound affectionate.

7 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Related - Radio 4, particularly The Today Programme is losing listeners in the hundreds of thousands, and the BBC is saying it's because they're jumping ship to listen to Nick Ferrari on LBC instead. This is bollocks. They're losing their left leaning, remain supporting audience, but they'll tack harder right.

You don't listen much to the Today programme.

I'm about as hard right as P&B gets without actually being an Airdrie fan but  pretty-much stopped listening to it when it turned in to some sort of weird synthesis of The Listening Project and Woman's Hour.

If Radio 4 actually starts broadcasting news again I may retune my shaving radio.

12 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

As if that bunch of c***s was a local audience.

You forget that most of Scotland rejected the odious Yesser idiots and last night's audience was, absolutely, in synch with most sane people of North Lanarkshire.

31 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You don't listen much to the Today programme.

I'm about as hard right as P&B gets without actually being an Airdrie fan but  pretty-much stopped listening to it when it turned in to some sort of weird synthesis of The Listening Project and Woman's Hour.

If Radio 4 actually starts broadcasting news again I may retune my shaving radio.

You forget that most of Scotland rejected the odious Yesser idiots and last night's audience was, absolutely, in synch with most sane people of North Lanarkshire.

North Lanarkshire voted Yes in the IndyRef and if the polls are anything to go by would vote by an even more substantial majority next time.

That carefully selected QT audience gave the impression that Motherwell must have voted No by at least 75%.