Question Time

Elixir

3 minutes ago, Kejan said:

You live in England, don't you?

The idea of independence is pretty much exactly as it was in 2014. Almost half of the population would support for us to become a separate nation from yours.

Lol 

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well it isn't.  "independence" was put to the people and was rejected out of hand.  The only ones holding the candle of independence are social retards and idiots with bad breath.

Yes, we lost.

But you saying ''the idea of independence is toxic in Scotland'' is quoting your signature.

45-48% of the population going by the referendum/and polls since then, want Scotland to be a country.

Edited by Kejan

4 minutes ago, Wires said:

Even the SNP are embarrassed by that white paper though.  Oil was 13% of GDP in it.  Is that the plan? 

As opposed to 8% of whatever percentage of the GDP it is regardless of how high or low as part of the UK?

12 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I take it you don't like the so-called 'millennial snowflakes'?

I actually don't recognise, 'millennial snowflakes'. Aye, there are some precious wee souls who get all upset when their sacred cows are challenged but it's not a generational thing.  We both ken plenty of folk in their 40s and 50s who chuck their toys out the pram at the slightest provocation.

I've one lassie at Uni and another two weans doing A Levels and they are brilliant.  You can challenge their thinking and they won't get all snottery-nosed but will give a robust reply.  Many of their pals are the same.

41 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've one lassie at Uni and another two weans doing A Levels and they are brilliant.  You can challenge their thinking and they won't get all snottery-nosed but will give a robust reply.  Many of their pals are the same.

They probably don't get a chance tbh, as you get all snottery-nosed and snowflakey, as you repeat Theresa Mays soundbites.

That's the thing about people on the right. Their "arguments" consist of repeating phrases they've heard on TV or read in the Daily Mail, without applying any real thought process as to what they're actually saying or what it even means.

People on the right complain about the lack of intellectual discussion. But your real complaint is that you're too much of a moron to engage in discussion where you actually have to think about what you're saying.

Edited by BawWatchin

Question Time is a fake representation of the political views of both Scotland and the UK in general, they say empty vessels make the most noise so maybe the Brexit/Unionist aggressive shouty gammony voice drowns out the opposition. I also think the BBC is so partisan towards the union that most folk don't bother with it, whether it be watching or taking part in it's rigged shows.  Bruce is still a poshy milfy wid though.

There is a clear and obvious difference between the audiences that BBC Scotland and STV have assembled for various debates over the past five years and the right wing rabble that Mentorn dig up every time they come to Scotland. BBCQT is nothing but pish poor propaganda these days which shows the UK establishment are bricking it from both Corbyn and Independence.

Watched the first 5 minutes, in that short time, following a question about Donald Tusk's "place in hell" comments we had:

• Lord Forsyth getting roundly cheered in MOTHERWELL of all places for saying he never wants another referendum in his life!!  
  • QT season ticket holder Billy Mitchell with a quite scandalous and factually incorrect slander of the Independence white paper that goes completely unchallenged by the chair.
  • Fiona Hyslop's response to Billy is then so obviously edited out. 

That was it for me, I should've known better!