Question Time

Elixir

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I'm behind. That model lassie has been allowed to speak for longer than anyone I've ever seen speak in one go in any QT show I've seen. And she's never even answered the question, she's went on about slavery. As if anyone disagrees with what she's saying.

Hmm, not so sure. Quite a few looks of disapproval in the crowd from the bus load from England.

oh god.

How does the BBC get away with Andrew Neil, Michael Portillo and Alistair Campbell all on the same show. It is a right wing love in.

Realised now why I packed watching most of this shite. Only had it on to hopefully see Motherwell have some good opinions but instead had to listen to c***s bussed in from Airdrie and Coatbridge.

33 minutes ago, Richie said:

A Yes-voting, Remain-Voting, SNP-voting town which is famously hostile towards Tories.

Audience serms to represent that fairly well :rolleyes::lol:

Aye, how the hell did that audience happen? Billy Mitchell of UKIP and Livingston True Blues Flute Band?! A crowd clapping Lord Forsyth enthusiastically? FFS.

Forsyth quite irate about a border between an independent Scotland and England, then says there is no border problem in Ireland?  To think that he is the voice of Unionist Conservatism when we could have had one of the 12 newly elected ones, tells us a lot about their quality. I had filled in an application form for this and one of the questions is "Have you been on QT before" ( Yes about 30 years ago) and I was rejected. How Red Jacket gets to appear on so many must mean he is good at giving different answers.  At least the woman at the end with her point about "Unelected" decision makers shut up Forsyth. Wiped out in 1997  and then rescued by his London Pals with a seat/sinecure in the Lords.  Maybe I am the wrong kind of Airdrieonian?

Edited by Chapelhall chap

2 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

To think that he is the voice of Unionist Conservatism when we could have had one of the 12 newly elected ones, tells us a lot about their quality.

I had filled in an application form for this and one of the questions is "Have you been on QT before" ( Yes about 30 years ago) and I was rejected. How Red Jacket gets to appear on so many must mean he is good at giving different answers.  

One of those MPs has been engaged in a recent controversy.

Billy Mitchell is unlikely to be good at much in life, making his bizarre prominence all the more irritating.

8 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Aye, how the hell did that audience happen? Billy Mitchell of UKIP and Livingston True Blues Flute Band?! A crowd clapping Lord Forsyth enthusiastically? FFS.

We all know that the idea of independence is toxic in Scotland.  Why shouldn't a group of people who represent the majority praise Lord Forsyth?

1 minute ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Billy Mitchell is unlikely to be good at much in life, making his bizarre prominence all the more irritating.

He wasn't even good in Eastenders.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

We all know that the idea of independence is toxic in Scotland.  Why shouldn't a group of people who represent the majority praise Lord Forsyth?

I know that a small majority reject independence. On what basis do you suggest that Michael Forsyth is a popular political figure in Scotland? Were you that keen on the Stone of Destiny?!

Edited by Malcolm Malcolm

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You live in England, don't you?

The idea of independence is pretty much exactly as it was in 2014. Almost half of the population would support for us to become a separate nation from yours.

Just now, Wires said:

Weird how everyone wants to talk about how that guys been on before and not about what that guy said.  

He claimed there was "no plan" for Scottish Independence. When there quite clearly was. But I suppose the plan wouldn't have been easy to gather for the hard of reading such as himself.

Over a 600 page document detailing plans. How many pages did Brexit have outlining plans?

6 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

cheats at video games too

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/12/billy_mitchell_donkey_kong_twin_galaxies/

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

He claimed there was "no plan" for Scottish Independence. When there quite clearly was. But I suppose the plan wouldn't have been easy to gather for the hard of reading such as himself.

Over a 600 page document detailing plans. How many pages did Brexit have outlining plans?

Even the SNP are embarrassed by that white paper though.  Oil was 13% of GDP in it.  Is that the plan?