Question Time

Elixir

Watched QT last night and did feel Abbott was interrupted by Bruce most often over the course of the show with the fragrant Ms. Oakeshott getting a rather easy ride, :oohlala

Edited by btb

4 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

At least she's honest. 

Or we could safely file that one away in the never happened cabinet.

Multiple people in the audience have tweeted that Bruce and the producer did a ten minute warm up segment where they mocked Abbott and stated she is in the audience because of her past sexual relationship with Corbyn.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Multiple people in the audience have tweeted that Bruce and the producer did a ten minute warm up segment where they mocked Abbott and stated she is in the audience because of her past sexual relationship with Corbyn.

Definitely happened then. Apologies.

It's being reported as well https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/18/diane-abbott-accuses-bbc-question-time-of-legitimising-racism

Diane Abbott has accused BBC Question Time of legitimising racist abuse after claims that the shadow home secretary was singled out before and during Thursday night’s episode of the political discussion programme.

The Labour politician claimed she had been unfairly mocked in the warm-up and had been interrupted more often than other panellists by Fiona Bruce, the programme’s new chair.

“We are appalled by the treatment of Diane Abbott on BBC’s Question Time,” a spokesperson for Abbott said. “It was clear that a hostile atmosphere was whipped up, propped up by reports of inappropriate and sexist commentary in the audience warm-up session.

Whilst it's a good laugh seeing Labour no voters all of a sudden realising "auntie" isn't the bastion of impartiality they all insisted it was in 2014, that was a fucking disgrace last night. Shamelessly biased, and with a real nasty undercurrent to it. It was clearly set up to be nothing other than a pile on to Abott, with the audience picked for the occasion.

Last night the BBC gave a right wing journalist free reign to blatantly lie whilst the anchor clapped from the sidelines. This should be deeply concering to everyone.

Whilst it's a good laugh seeing Labour no voters all of a sudden realising "auntie" isn't the bastion of impartiality they all insisted it was in 2014, that was a fucking disgrace last night. Shamelessly biased, and with a real nasty undercurrent to it. It was clearly set up to be nothing other than a pile on to Abott, with the audience picked for the occasion.
Last night the BBC gave a right wing journalist free reign to blatantly lie whilst the anchor clapped from the sidelines. This should be deeply concering to everyone.
Hold my hand up and admit to being sceptical about BBC bias re Nationalism but have to row back a bit after last night. Felt like a "head girls" pile up on Abbott and if it's true a warmed up largely right wing white audience primed pre show at Abbotts expense. Not to mention the use of one YouGov poll to mock Abbotts defence of Labour being "level pegging" with the Tories. I would like to think I would have been uncomfortable with it regardless had it occured with someone else I was less politically sympathetic too. Oakshott gets an unchallenged free ride with her "facts" everytime she's on. Funnily enough I find wee Rory quite pragmatic and despite not agreeing with him on most things he fails to get on my tits like the aforementioned Isobel.
On another note the black dude reminds me of Jeff Goldblum and the SNP woman appears to be Owen Jones in drag ?

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

Last night the BBC gave a right wing journalist free reign to blatantly lie whilst the anchor clapped from the sidelines. This should be deeply concering to everyone

Aye, it certainly is and the complacency we have is concerning.

When good guys protest at their malign subversive nonsense, they go on the attack.

Don't believe me? Ask Nick Robinson.

Today a Radio 4 interviewer was baiting a senior RT journalist to criticise Putin.

She refused the invitation and middle England cheered in sure knowledge of their exceptionalism.

Meanwhile, sympathy rather than sober and robust commentary on Philip Of Arrogant on our airwaves.

1 hour ago, btb said:

Watched QT last night and did feel Abbott was interrupted by Bruce most often over the course of the show with the fragrant Ms. Oakeshott getting a rather easy ride, :oohlala

I haven't watch this show but I totally believe you.  I find Diane Abbott totally frustrating but I also recognise that she gets more hate mail than any other politicians in the House of Commons. 

My big problem is this - why the same people again and again and again and again.  Do they ever, ever, ever say anything that you couldn't predict a month earlier.

What a massive amount of boring predictable crap.   Invite somebody on to the show who is going to say something new - something original - something thought provoking..

No. We can't do that.  They might say Brexit is crap and make it incredibly obvious that it is.

22 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Hold my hand up and admit to being sceptical about BBC bias re Nationalism but have to row back a bit after last night. Felt like a "head girls" pile up on Abbott and if it's true a warmed up largely right wing white audience primed pre show at Abbotts expense. Not to mention the use of one YouGov poll to mock Abbotts defence of Labour being "level pegging" with the Tories. I would like to think I would have been uncomfortable with it regardless had it occured with someone else I was less politically sympathetic too. Oakshott gets an unchallenged free ride with her "facts" everytime she's on. Funnily enough I find wee Rory quite pragmatic and despite not agreeing with him on most things he fails to get on my tits like the aforementioned Isobel.
On another note the black dude reminds me of Jeff Goldblum and the SNP woman appears to be Owen Jones in drag ?

Well it's easy to say the other side are paranoid loons when the lies suit your point of view. To be honest though, I think it's far worse now than it was even then. 2014 was almost the test ground. When Nick Robinson was able to blatantly lie and get away with it, you could see which way the wind was blowing. The treatment of Milliband during the 2015 election was a fucking disgrace as well, and it's just rolled on from there.

Well it's easy to say the other side are paranoid loons when the lies suit your point of view. To be honest though, I think it's far worse now than it was even then. 2014 was almost the test ground. When Nick Robinson was able to blatantly lie and get away with it, you could see which way the wind was blowing. The treatment of Milliband during the 2015 election was a fucking disgrace as well, and it's just rolled on from there.
Keep the Loons out of it..