Question Time

Elixir

1 hour ago, Londonwell said:

These things are determined weeks in adavance and from my experience very rarely change. Questiontime do also now approach individual MP’s without asking their party.

Thought Will Self was announced as a guest on last week's programme. I'm sure the parties have a say about which of their spokespeople accept the invitation.

Thought Will Self was announced as a guest on last week's programme. I'm sure the parties have a say about which of their spokespeople accept the invitation.

And perhaps the reason why there hasn’t been a SENIOR Gov Minister on for Months?

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They do aye. Hannah Bardell was asked directly by Question Time but when her party found out, she was told to stand aside for Ian Blackford. Question Time does however now (there’s a new show producer) occasionally contact the politician directly. Unfortunately for Bardell she doesn’t have as much sway as other big hitters.

ETA. No idea about Will Self, perhaps he cancelled? Blackford was scheduled to be on last weeks episode but they changed it to this weeks as it was too difficult for him to get down to Penzance (I think)  in time. He’s been pencilled into appear for weeks.

Edited by Londonwell

Blackford dropped the "indy" bomb. The fuds in the crowd didn't like it. PowttJS.gif&key=733fe7038f7bfce85632b77efad710de2e8c750038b2eaf7b0f25e12ce178d8e
Think it was more disinterest than dislike. Bishops Stortford seems a daft place to deploy the "Indy bomb" that's why it garnered virtually no reaction whatsoever. Might as well have said he had bought a new pair of socks as far as impact went.

8 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
10 hours ago, BawWatchin said:
Blackford dropped the "indy" bomb. The fuds in the crowd didn't like it. PowttJS.gif&key=733fe7038f7bfce85632b77efad710de2e8c750038b2eaf7b0f25e12ce178d8e

Think it was more disinterest than dislike. Bishops Stortford seems a daft place to deploy the "Indy bomb" that's why it garnered virtually no reaction whatsoever. Might as well have said he had bought a new pair of socks as far as impact went.

Not sure his comments were directed to the good people of Bishops Stortford my learned friend.

Not sure his comments were directed to the good people of Bishops Stortford my learned friend.
You don't say.. I am merely pointing out the delusion that Blackfords "Indy bomb" somehow garnered a negative reaction from the Bishops Stortford audience when in reality it went ignored and unnoticed.

15 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
11 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

The one clap he got is still better than Kezia's utter silence after an impassioned speech about how Scottish  Labour were going to inspire everyone again a couple of years ago. 

:lol: 

The one clap he got is still better than Kezia's utter silence after an impassioned speech about how Scottish  Labour were going to inspire everyone again a couple of years ago. 

[emoji38] 
Mmmm. The hint of whataboutery hangs in the air.

2 hours ago, Loondave1 said:
13 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Perhaps he should have came out and said something xenophobic against the Scots or racist against those damn EU migrants. That would have gained him the biggest cheer of the night from this lot.

Perhaps he should have came out and said something xenophobic against the Scots or racist against those damn EU migrants. That would have gained him the biggest cheer of the night from this lot.
It was a fairly meh audience. Quite mixed surprisingly. You are just setting up a straw man to knock over.

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

:lol: 

and that was in Scotland. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
10 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

It was a fairly meh audience. Quite mixed surprisingly. You are just setting up a straw man to knock over.

I've already found one tbh. bQshDtu.png

Edited by BawWatchin

You don't say.. I am merely pointing out the delusion that Blackfords "Indy bomb" somehow garnered a negative reaction from the Bishops Stortford audience when in reality it went ignored and unnoticed.
So, pretty much that same as Scotland, NI,Wales and the northern/western countries of England then?

Just now, DublinMagyar said:
2 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

So, pretty much that same as Scotland, NI,Wales and the northern/western countries of England then?

Aye, but brexit isnae devolved, so it has nuffin tae dae wae us.