Question Time

Elixir

"Our teachers aren't allowed to teach because there's far too much going on."

So just so we've got this right. A teacher in a classroom can no longer teach the children in the classroom, because there's too much other stuff going on somewhere?

17 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Thought the audience was more pro indy and quite a few wids to boot.....

wiggo.png

Wasn't in anyway more pro-indy. It may have seemed more pro-indy though, due to zoning out whenever a yoon shat out more outdated material.

Ooft, John Nicholson fucking despises the DUP woman, Emma Pengelly-Something. He wasn’t even pretending to be civil or indulge in faux camaraderie as he sat next to her on the This Week couch - he could barely even look at the “important thung is protocting the yonyun”-spouter. The others seemed a bit surprised by his open hatred. Well done, John. 

The Limmy character cheering at Scotland being “at the mercy of whatever the UK government does” and receiving a cheer really does make the country look like a cringing backwater of braindead yokels.
Where do these people hail from, as I never seem to meet them ? Are they kept in a cupboard somewhere ? Or do they spend their time running through farmer's fields ? Utter arseholes.

Where do these people hail from, as I never seem to meet them ? Are they kept in a cupboard somewhere ? Or do they spend their time running through farmer's fields ? Utter arseholes.

Mastermind is posting on another thread this morning, mate.

14 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
21 hours ago, Antlion said:
The Limmy character cheering at Scotland being “at the mercy of whatever the UK government does” and receiving a cheer really does make the country look like a cringing backwater of braindead yokels.

I totally agree.  They could have Question Time in Dumbarton and there would be people on the program that you have never seen in your life.  I think H.G.. Wells called them the troglodytes.

My suggestion: Look for some caves.

I totally agree.  They could have Question Time in Dumbarton and there would be people on the program that you have never seen in your life.  I think H.G.. Wells called them the troglodytes.
No, this guy doesn't live in a cave, he more likely lives comfortably in student accommodation in Edinburgh or St Andrews. The BBC loves them on QT, young Scottish Tories whose loathing of their nation knows no bounds.

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
41 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

No, this guy doesn't live in a cave, he more likely lives comfortably in student accommodation in Edinburgh or St Andrews. The BBC loves them on QT, young Scottish Tories whose loathing of their nation knows no bounds.

They're rarely Scottish. Little englanders desperately trying to imitate the Scottish accent.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

I hear what you are saying but in my opinion there must be tourist boards throughout the UK who are horrified when they hear "Question Time is coming to town."

Maybe I am wrong but I suspect you could visit any town that has hosted Question Time and not come across a single wombat that is typical of the audience on Question Time.

Maybe they are grown from petri dishes. 

Watched it late last night. Good to see MR getting the dukes up. Fed up with career politicians trying to say the right thing. We need more outing of the liars. Thought Kez had one of her better days and I couldn't help think the pro-Indy folks in her life were having an effect. Just say Yes Kez.

Disappointed in Val McDermid.  You're looking for the non-politicians to make their points stronger but she missed a few chances to clear the waters. Despite the Chair leading Kez to the Home Office scuppering an initiative in Glasgow on the drug gallery issue, she and the rest missed the chance to highlight that Scotland does not have the capability to fix all it would like to. And if she'd leaned over to her right she could have pulled the chip out the back of that robot in the blue tie. If there's ever an armed revolution I hope he's first up against the wall. I'll volunteer.

Two excellent contributions from the audience, both well informed on the subject of death by drugs and the solutions. The lady at the back with the antipodean accent and the fella in the middle talking from experience.  Very good. By contrast, the old bitter teacher who let it slip that the much-mentioned stress was actually on the teachers, not the kids. I'm sick of teachers and their privilged lifestyle whining about how much box-ticking the world has. Education is funded by LAs not central government, they have choices to make. Everyone I know, in all walks of life, recognises that "data management" is a reality of life. It's how the world is. Or are they just scared that some form pf performance maangement would show some of them up. Just deal with it until you get to retire early on a full salary pension, so you can come back as a supply teacher on last-post salary whilst keeping young teacher's on the dole. Witch!

And the one with the tartan scarf. Holy f**k! 

Watched it late last night. Good to see MR getting the dukes up. Fed up with career politicians trying to say the right thing. We need more outing of the liars. Thought Kez had one of her better days and I couldn't help think the pro-Indy folks in her life were having an effect. Just say Yes Kez.
Disappointed in Val McDermid.  You're looking for the non-politicians to make their points stronger but she missed a few chances to clear the waters. Despite the Chair leading Kez to the Home Office scuppering an initiative in Glasgow on the drug gallery issue, she and the rest missed the chance to highlight that Scotland does not have the capability to fix all it would like to. And if she'd leaned over to her right she could have pulled the chip out the back of that robot in the blue tie. If there's ever an armed revolution I hope he's first up against the wall. I'll volunteer.
Two excellent contributions from the audience, both well informed on the subject of death by drugs and the solutions. The lady at the back with the antipodean accent and the fella in the middle talking from experience.  Very good. By contrast, the old bitter teacher who let it slip that the much-mentioned stress was actually on the teachers, not the kids. I'm sick of teachers and their privilged lifestyle whining about how much box-ticking the world has. Education is funded by LAs not central government, they have choices to make. Everyone I know, in all walks of life, recognises that "data management" is a reality of life. It's how the world is. Or are they just scared that some form pf performance maangement would show some of them up. Just deal with it until you get to retire early on a full salary pension, so you can come back as a supply teacher on last-post salary whilst keeping young teacher's on the dole. Witch!
And the one with the tartan scarf. Holy f**k! 
Privileged lifestyle? Really?
Go train as a teacher then if it's so great.
There's a reason attrition rates are horrendous, you'd think a privileged lifestyle would counter that. Weird.

Privileged lifestyle? Really?
Go train as a teacher then if it's so great.
There's a reason attrition rates are horrendous, you'd think a privileged lifestyle would counter that. Weird.

Every teacher I know says “if you think it is so easy, why don’t you do it?”

Interestingly, they can’t imagine anyone else is working hard and doesn’t constantly whine about it.

Every teacher I know says “if you think it is so easy, why don’t you do it?”

Interestingly, they can’t imagine anyone else is working hard and doesn’t constantly whine about it.
Well do it then. No one here is saying it's the hardest job or the hardest worked profession ever.
To consider it some kind of breeze is equally laughable, though. Perhaps there are others on here who've done similar, I've worked in industry, trained and taught secondary education, then gone back into industry again. It was absolutely hellish for my health, so I left. That's me, but loads of others are too.
Piece of piss though, eh.

8 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Well do it then. No one here is saying it's the hardest job or the hardest worked profession ever.
To consider it some kind of breeze is equally laughable, though. Perhaps there are others on here who've done similar, I've worked in industry, trained and taught secondary education, then gone back into industry again. It was absolutely hellish for my health, so I left. That's me, but loads of others are too.
Piece of piss though, eh.

Thing that put me off was the idea of having to do marking, admin work and preparing lessons for the next day, at home after a full day's teaching. f**k that for a few more weeks holiday.