Question Time

Elixir

Mrs Gammon claiming the EU (population after Brexit: 450 million) are going to lose out just as much as the UK (population: 65 million) are.

Claire Parry showing off her sporting knowledge by making a tortuous comparison between the Maybot & "a certain waistcoated gentleman" & his "British Lions".
FFS
This made me actually sit up and start shouting at the TV.

I am Gammon

I thought you were starting to believe in a second referendum

I think I posted previously that just because Scotland voted to remain within the UK in 2014, it didn’t allow the UK Government a free run on ignoring the overwhelming view of Scots to remain in the EU.
We were assured that the safest way to secure continued membership was to remain within the Union. Instead we are being dragged out of it. It’s a massive game changer for me and one of the conditions that would justify a 2nd Ref. It’s impossible to argue against it.
I couldn’t support the likes of Ian Blackford and the SNP leading us into Independence but that’s not to say they will continue to hold sway at Holyrood, if that day eventually arrives does it?
The ‘Unionists’ who support Brexit are the ones who will ultimately be responsible for the break up of the UK. It’s baffling that most of them still can’t see that, or perhaps they just don’t give a shite.
Either way, the current circus at Westminster benefits no one in Scotland, I would understand completely if a 2nd Ref returned a Yes vote JLD.

8 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

I think I posted previously that just because Scotland voted to remain within the UK in 2014, it didn’t allow the UK Government a free run on ignoring the overwhelming view of Scots to remain in the EU.
We were assured that the safest way to secure continued membership was to remain within the Union. Instead we are being dragged out of it. It’s a massive game changer for me and one of the conditions that would justify a 2nd Ref. It’s impossible to argue against it.
I couldn’t support the likes of Ian Blackford and the SNP leading us into Independence but that’s not to say they will continue to hold sway at Holyrood, if that day eventually arrives does it?
The ‘Unionists’ who support Brexit are the ones who will ultimately be responsible for the break up of the UK. It’s baffling that most of them still can’t see that, or perhaps they just don’t give a shite.
Either way, the current circus at Westminster benefits no one in Scotland, I would understand completely if a 2nd Ref returned a Yes vote JLD.

Interesting and thoughtful post Rob.

It exposes the difference clearly between unionist and Britnat.

It also exposes why the union is on its deathbed.

Unionists want to see Scotland an equal and respected partner. A noble concept that probably never really existed in reality.........but has now been completely destroyed in a few short years by the dominance of Britnat thinking.

In contrast to unionists, Britnats deny the existence of Scotland as a political entity. To them, we will always be a small part of England/ Britain ........(its the same thing in their minds)

What we have seen since the Scottish referendum and now accelerated by the EU vote, is a growth in the strength of Britnat thinking amongst the  Westminster party elites. Their greatest goal is always to keep "middle England" happy. For them,  the union is a price worth paying.

Obviously they would like Scotlandshire to sit down and accept its big county status. But equally most of them wouldn't shed too many tears if the union dissolved. They would only morn the loss of international prestige caused by another loss to their empire 

The 2014 referendum result has been hijacked by Britnats and has been used as an opportunity to walk all over Scotland.

Unionists......and I would guess the clear majority of the 2014 no vote were unionists...not Britnats....will have a decsion to make in the near future.

Voting no the next time....may mean voting Scotland the nation, out of existence and accepting our  new found shire status.