Question Time

Elixir

3 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

His walkout from the HoC prompted thousands of people to join the party, so you may want to rethink that statement.

The power grab might have been the motivation for that. But the point still stands. Any one who joins a political party is already a diehard. As are you. I was talking about people who are floating.

7 hours ago, thisal said:

The power grab might have been the motivation for that. But the point still stands. Any one who joins a political party is already a diehard. As are you. I was talking about people who are floating.

It wasn’t the power grab in itself that increased the membership, the issue has been rattling around for a while with no great uptake in membership. It was politicians (mainly Ian Blackford’s) actions that drew attention to the issue that increased membership. So that is a disingenuous point from you. 

You even had people on here who said they never imagined they’d be a member of a political party but because of what is going on had joined the SNP.

What you’re really saying is that Ian Blackford isn’t more likely to make *you* join. But you shouldn’t apply that necessarily to other people.

Btw I’m no Ian Blackford fan boy, but you’re not really making any sense. 

Edited by Londonwell

The groans are audible every time he pipes up. Just when you think the SNP have everything stacked in their favour at present, you listen to Blackford and realise why the decision on a 2nd Ref is still undecided.
The real strategists behind the Independence movement, know that they just don’t have the calibre and quality ‘up front’ in the likes of Blackford. They know he is unable to turn a sufficient number of those who are closest to changing their minds, in the event of another vote happening relatively soon.
That he continually fails to lay a glove on a government in disarray at Westminster is a pretty poor indictment on his capabilities.

Long may he continue as the SNP’s lead in the HoC for me.

I thought you were starting to believe in a second referendum

On 7/5/2018 at 17:56, pittsburgh phil said:

Is Lisa Nandy a wid? I'm thinking yes.

I wid. I also think Priti Patel is a wid. Carolyn Radford, not so much.

18 hours ago, Londonwell said:

It wasn’t the power grab in itself that increased the membership, the issue has been rattling around for a while with no great uptake in membership. It was politicians (mainly Ian Blackford’s) actions that drew attention to the issue that increased membership. So that is a disingenuous point from you. 

You even had people on here who said they never imagined they’d be a member of a political party but because of what is going on had joined the SNP.

What you’re really saying is that Ian Blackford isn’t more likely to make *you* join. But you shouldn’t apply that necessarily to other people.

Btw I’m no Ian Blackford fan boy, but you’re not really making any sense. 

It's quite straightforward Blackford doesn't come across very well to your average punter. The only people that defend him are diehard  SNP supporters.  The people on here defending him defend everything the SNP does and will vote Yes anyway.  In order to achieve their goal the SNP needs to win over 6% of the floating vote. He does not come across as the man to do it.

In order to achieve their goal the SNP needs to win over 6% of the floating vote. He does not come across as the man to do it.

Salmond couldn't do that because he was fat and had a barren wife.
Sturgeon can't do it because Wee nippy Jimmy krankie.

Any ideas who could do it?

10 minutes ago, mjw said:

Salmond couldn't do that because he was fat and had a barren wife.
Sturgeon can't do it because Wee nippy Jimmy krankie.

Any ideas who could do it?

Tommy Sheppard was a far better candidate but the SNP MPs went for the percieved safer option in Blackford. I suspect that they felt that Robertson's campaigning style hadn't done them any favours.

Alison Thewlis is one of the most impressive elected officials in the UK and will hopefully take a larger role as time passes.

3 hours ago, thisal said:

It's quite straightforward Blackford doesn't come across very well to your average punter. The only people that defend him are diehard  SNP supporters.  The people on here defending him defend everything the SNP does and will vote Yes anyway.  In order to achieve their goal the SNP needs to win over 6% of the floating vote. He does not come across as the man to do it.

You’ve been around the ‘average punter’ to gauge their opinion have you? Care to share your polling results?

I don’t mean to be rude but you don’t come over particularly bright. These observations of yours are completely tinpot and not well thought out.

I’m going stop now though, cause I can’t be arsed talking about Ian Blackford anymore haha. 

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

Tommy Sheppard was a far better candidate but the SNP MPs went for the percieved safer option in Blackford. I suspect that they felt that Robertson's campaigning style hadn't done them any favours.

Alison Thewlis is one of the most impressive elected officials in the UK and will hopefully take a larger role as time passes.

Tommy Shepherd has a propensity to be a complete weapon behind the scenes. He’d be a terrible leader but is a great MP.

Edited by Londonwell

His walkout from the HoC prompted thousands of people to join the party, so you may want to rethink that statement.

Didn’t happen, but even if it did, (and it didn’t), that would just be clarification of how stupid SNP voters are.

41 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Didn’t happen, but even if it did, (and it didn’t), that would just be clarification of how stupid SNP voters are.

I know you're a bit simple, but really.

1. The walkout did happen. It was on TV and everything.

2. Applications to join the SNP increased considerably above average on the back of that. 

3. You're a fucking brain-donor.