Question Time

Elixir

We vote as individuals, for constituency MP's in a United Kingdom parliament. Scotland, England, Wales, it doesn't really matter. My vote is worth the same as my best mates in Eyemouth.

maybe not to you perhaps you're happy for your country to be outvoted some of us are not if that makes me a nationalist I'm a nationalist and proud. No other country outside of the uk would put up with what we put up with.

maybe not to you perhaps you're happy for your country to be outvoted some of us are not if that makes me a nationalist I'm a nationalist and proud. No other country outside of the uk would put up with what we put up with.

I couldn't give a f**k how my 'country' votes. I care how I vote, how my constituency votes, then the make up of the whole parliament. I voted Labour and was outvoted at both constituency level and in the parliament overall. That's all I care about.

I couldn't give a f**k how my 'country' votes. I care how I vote, how my constituency votes, then the make up of the whole parliament. I voted Labour and was outvoted at both constituency level and in the parliament overall. That's all I care about.

Well I do .

I would also add if you jump straight from constituency to (British) parliament you are a britih nationalist as what you care about is how Britain votes not Scotland. I don't, Britain means nothing to me, I only care how Scotland votes. If Scotland votes for one thing and gets another that's a big problem.

I don't think the people of France or Peru or any self respecting country would put up with that so I don't think Scotland should either.

Edited by Peppino Impastato

I live in England. How England votes means nothing to me. What the make up of the parliament is after the 600+ constituency seats are counted up does. It doesn't make me a British nationalist atall. It means I am someone who accepts what we have at the moment until I am presented with something I think is better. In the meantime I'll worry about real issues like health, crime, housing and the environment.

Edited by BerwickMad

I live in England. How England votes means nothing to me. What the make up of the parliament is after the 600+ constituency seats are counted up does. It doesn't make me a British nationalist atall. It means I am someone who accepts what we have at the moment until I am presented with something I think is better. In the meantime I'll worry about real issues like health, crime, housing and the environment.

You care about how Britain votes but not Scotland, you're a britsh nationalist. And nothing better will just 'come along' you have to decide what you think is better and strive for it.

and independence is a ' real' issue that fundamentally affects all other issues, bizarre to suggest it's not.

As a proud nationalist will you be towing the party line to remain in the EU come June then Pep, or is it Scotland alone! out of the U.K. & out of the EU?

Nothing weird about it, as a proud nationalist will you be voting In or Out in the EU ref in June?

Will you be taking your lead from her majesty who (according to senior Tories and the sun) is Britain's most senior Eurosceptic?

Free personal care for the elderly, no tuition fees, no council tax rise for not far off a decade.

It's an outrage.

Don't hold your breath, the SNP will get another 5 years at least to strengthen the No vote.

Since coming to office and starting to open peoples eyes to the craven position of Scotland, the SNP has done nothing but weaken the No vote. Wasn't it a healthy 70% at one point?

Since coming to office and starting to open peoples eyes to the craven position of Scotland, the SNP has done nothing but weaken the No vote. Wasn't it a healthy 70% at one point?

In excess thereof, I believe.  Support for independence struggled to broach 30% when the SNP came into power.

Just think what another 5 years will do.  The No vote can only erode further.

Well I do .

I would also add if you jump straight from constituency to (British) parliament you are a britih nationalist as what you care about is how Britain votes not Scotland. I don't, Britain means nothing to me, I only care how Scotland votes. If Scotland votes for one thing and gets another that's a big problem.

I don't think the people of France or Peru or any self respecting country would put up with that so I don't think Scotland should either.

Maybe you should tell the Catalans that they aren't a self respecting country.

Free personal care for the elderly, no tuition fees, no council tax rise for not far off a decade.

It's an outrage.

A government that got 15% of the vote in our whole coutry you mean, us beingmat war right now when 97% of our mps voted against it. What a weird post, all you, do is demonstrate how good it could be with us electing our own governments

The SNP have enjoyed a remarkable period of growth over the last 20 years to secure such a power base. They've got at least another five years to show what they can really do with that level of control before any chance of a 2nd Ref.

My bet is that by 2021 their performance will shore up the No vote. The Yes supporters will trot out the line 'it's not about the SNP' again, but as the real driving force behind separatism in Scotland, I think we will have seen enough.