Selkirk v Gretna 20th December

Cicero

I know it's a bit premature for a match preview but I thought that Selkirk's wonderful gesture for this match is worth mentioning.

Instead of paying at the gate, supporters, players and club officials are being asked to donate food to the value of the normal entrance fee. The food will then be given to the local food bank.

An excellent idea especially at this time of year. Well done Selkirk

Gretna News page

I know it's a bit premature for a match preview but I thought that Selkirk's wonderful gesture for this match is worth mentioning.

Instead of paying at the gate, supporters, players and club officials are being asked to donate food to the value of the normal entrance fee. The food will then be given to the local food bank.

An excellent idea especially at this time of year. Well done Selkirk

Gretna News page

Yes have to agree with Cicero, fantastic gesture from Selkirk.

• 2 weeks later...

Always interesting games against 08, obviously I want them to do us a turn against e-City. We've recently beaten them (in the League Cup) so they've finally lost a game against one of their own, let's hope it's the slippery slope at last. That' said it's up to us to do the business as we'll not just weE-City but 08 as well, & as much as it may stick in their craw Whitehill can still play a part in deciding who wins the League.

;)

Grimbo

City are still in the driving seat and the league is theirs to lose.

I have been waiting on City imploding since they beat us at Raydale earlier in the season, I am still waiting. They are deservedly top of the league on merit.

City alone of the top six don't drop points against bottom six teams, everybody else seems to have a 'shock' defeat now and again.

January will be a big month for City as they are due to play us at home and Welfare away. Wins in both of these matches could win the league for them (I know not technically) but defeats in both will not mean they will lose it. It will just make the league more interesting.

Archived