Ayr United -vs- Stenhousemuir

Thankfully I'll be shopping n eating, got more pleasure 2 weeks ago watching my grandson throwing stones in a puddle than I have watching Ayr this season.

If Marko had the slightest hint of self awareness he'd have walked long ago, another 3 or 4 games and he'll just be a K****e b*****d to me.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread appears to have turned into some sort of grief counseling session...

I can't say I'm not slightly fearful that two wins - and we really should (and must) beat Stenny and Stirling - strengthens Roberts's position but, who knows, we could win 4-0 and Roberts might still get his jotters on Monday. I don't think anyone could argue it would be unfair as we are well beyond the point of one result (either way) being significant in the assessment of Mark Roberts's managerial credentials.

However, I don't accept that Lachlan Cameron doesn't care about the club, or the fact that he hasn't moved to sack Roberts proves that he doesn't care about the club. The fact is, Cameron calls all the shots - the rest of the board (remember Jim Kirkwood?) is impotent - and he is on the other side of the Atlantic, tied up in his own problems. Lets not forget, he's put in another six-figure sum this season - would you do that if you didn't care?

This makes me think the reason he hasn't sacked Roberts isn't because he thinks he'll come good or because he doesn't care but that there is some other practical reason. Perhaps he really is close to selling the club?

Ultimately, the state of the club today is Lachlan's responsibility but I put it down to incompetence rather than negligence - I supposed it ultimately doesn't matter...

Anyway, on to the game, I'm not sure what to expect from Stenny but surely we need to be playing two up-front on Saturday, preferably Donnelly and Beattie. Not at all impressed with Slane.

This thread appears to have turned into some sort of grief counseling session...

Anyway, on to the game, I'm not sure what to expect from Stenny but surely we need to be playing two up-front on Saturday, preferably Donnelly and Beattie. Not at all impressed with Slane.

I fooking hate shopping, so I'm going, and agree that we need to be playing 2 up front. So, for me, it's time to unleash young Nisbet.

Beattie Nisbet

Donald McLaughlin Crawford Devlin

McKinlay Murphy Campbell Muir

Hutton

He scores for fun in the Development League, and looks comfortable enough on the ball outside the box; he deserves a wee run. Forrest on the bench, unfortunately it remains his best position. When he comes on for the last 20 minutes his speed of thought and pace makes him so much more dangerous than being employed from the start.

Young Muir also deserves to start, but Mystic Meg and Stephen Hawking between them wouldn't be able to permutate and evaluate our back four.

I realise Ayr are having a bad time of it, but I can't see anything other than a home win tomorrow. We will play well for about 20 minutes tomorrow, and pass the ball well, but probably won't have a single shot on target. Meanwhile, Ayr will score...

Lets not forget, he's put in another six-figure sum this season - would you do that if you didn't care?

Yes. Totally speculative, and fair enough if you disagree but I get the impression he actually thinks that if he ever sells the club he's going to recoup the debt owed to him.

Rather than selling for a £1 or whatever other nominal fee.

My mid-week optimism has diminished

Stenny will get a nice surprise at the lack of opponents it will seem like they are playing against

We were generally better when we went 4-4-2 on Saturday but the problems Roberts talked about earlier in the season with these players and 4-4-2 (a warning to us at the time about the quality of our players) was apparent

Hutton

Devlin - Campbell - Murphy - McKinley

Slane - Crawford - Gilmour - Donald

Donnelly - Beattie

IMO going to 442 we have been very direct this season , i would say that midfield two eradicates where most of our problems have came from this season in McLaughlin & McGovern doing f**k all

Why have I decided to go haha, Jesus.

Might want to give this number a call at 16:45

08457 90 90 90

Come the end of January we could be right up the creek looking at the run of fixtures we have, we're playing Stenny twice in that time and our fellow relegation battlers are our next two fixtures after this one. Fearing for the worst here, just can't see how the team are going to get their heads up unless we win today.

Team lineup: Hutton, Devlin, Cummins, Murphy, Keenan, Slane, Gilmour, McLaughlin, McKinlay, McGovern, Beattie / Subs - Muir, Newman, McKenzie, Donnelly, Crawford, Donald, Forrest

Guessing its either 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1?

Archived