martin ødegaard

Delia, like his predecessor, knows want the Celtic fans want to hear. They seem incapable of seeing the false flattery for what it is.

Not so sure that this is true this time around........................

Deila has more or less said he will give him first team football until he learns his trade and that there is no doubt he will eventually go to one of the worlds "big clubs".

He could be a very exciting player to have in Scotland and there could be a sell on clause for Celtic & Stromgodset.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin Odegaard has been training with quite a few clubs over the last month or so, he recently spent a week with Liverpool and is believed to be a Liverpool fan.
I think if Deila thought there was no chance of signing him he would say so, the fact that he is his mentor, his fathers best friend and with the promise of first team football with Celtic who to be honest aren't on the same level as Real Madrid or Barcelona on terms of money or players but Celtic are still a massive club and the temptation of playing in the first team and in europe for a year or two learning his trade or playing in a reserve team may sway him.

Im not sure why he hasn't been to Celtic park on his tour yet though it would be good for him to have a look at all these clubs he would be daft not too.
If Deila says there is still a chance then there's still a chance we will need to wait and see.

Not seeing much in the way of an end product.

True. Some nice flicks and touches, but he is prone to overcook things and doesn't get it in the mixer often enough. He would struggle in the hussle and bussle of the Premiership. Basically he is the Norwegian Ross Forbes. I also noticed he ditched #67 for #16 rather sharpish. Definetely not Celtic-minded.

The best Celtic can hope for is guys like Guidetti who are going nowhere at good clubs.

Forget about guys like this. No one with ambitions to go to the top would make a move to Scotland and Celtic unless their dream move is to Wigan or Norwich.

He's 15. He might have ambition but that doesn't mean he has to move to one of the big european clubs before he turns 17 and possibly get lost in it's youth system (plenty of examples of this over the years)

Did anyone suggest McCarthy leave Hamilton as soon as he could, or allow him to get as much playing time to develop as a better footballer with experience, and even then he went to a club like Wigan to allow his development to continue.

Does Johnny Russell have no ambition because he stayed that extra year at Dundee United before moving to a Championship club? Of course not.

Once upon a time Steven Fletcher was linked with Real Madrid while still at Hibs, Do you think that would have been a good move for him at 20, or was going to Burnley the better option for him?

Another example for us would be Fraser Forster, we plucked him out of Newcastle reserves, give him a chance, he's now a England international. Some times for a player, taking small steps is far better for your career

I can't help but think some people judgement is clouded when it comes to anything Celtic related

He's 15. He might have ambition but that doesn't mean he has to move to one of the big european clubs before he turns 17 and possibly get lost in it's youth system (plenty of examples of this over the years)

Did anyone suggest McCarthy leave Hamilton as soon as he could, or allow him to get as much playing time to develop as a better footballer with experience, and even then he went to a club like Wigan to allow his development to continue.

Does Johnny Russell have no ambition because he stayed that extra year at Dundee United before moving to a Championship club? Of course not.

Once upon a time Steven Fletcher was linked with Real Madrid while still at Hibs, Do you think that would have been a good move for him at 20, or was going to Burnley the better option for him?

Another example for us would be Fraser Forster, we plucked him out of Newcastle reserves, give him a chance, he's now a England international. Some times for a player, taking small steps is far better for your career

I can't help but think some people judgement is clouded when it comes to anything Celtic related

Celtic barely play their young players as it is. Where is the appeal? He'd be as well staying at home and moving in a couple of years.

Celtic are a nothing club now meight. Sorry.

Celtic barely play their young players as it is. Where is the appeal? He'd be as well staying at home and moving in a couple of years.

Celtic are a nothing club now meight. Sorry.

I think Deila has made it clear he is looking towards youth for the future, and probably one of the reasons why club brought him in. He has already given Callum McGregor, Eoghan O'Connell, Liam Henderson, a chance this season, Will they be good enough for the future, who knows.

Nice of you to ignore my other points though. You seem more interested in cheap shots than a serious discussion though.

I think Deila has made it clear he is looking towards youth for the future, and probably one of the reasons why club brought him in. He has already given Callum McGregor, Eoghan O'Connell, Liam Henderson, a chance this season, Will they be good enough for the future, who knows.

Nice of you to ignore my other points though. You seem more interested in cheap shots than a serious discussion though.

I don't really see the relevance in any of the players you've mentioned in that previous post?

How are any of those situations similar to a 15 year old who is being watched by all of Europe and is supposed to be the next big thing?

I don't see what he has to gain from moving sideways to a mediocre league for a team who may not even give him a game?

I don't really see the relevance in any of the players you've mentioned in that previous post?

How are any of those situations similar to a 15 year old who is being watched by all of Europe and is supposed to be the next big thing?

I don't see what he has to gain from moving sideways to a mediocre league for a team who may not even give him a game?

You said we barely play our young players, I was given you examples of young player we have seen so far this season.

Again, I use the Steven Fletcher linked with Real Madrid as an example.

I doubt he is guaranteed a game at any of the other clubs he is linked with, You also do Scottish football a disservice if you think it is a sideways move.

There is no chance this kid will come to us, if he has the potential that's being talked about. Clubs with bottomless bank accounts will throw money at him and his family.

I can see the sense in joining a club where he would actually get games though. It's better for a kid to get game time, the Telfer case being a good example.

watched the first 90 seconds and the greedy wee c**t never passed the ball once, never had a shot and didnt even get his cross in after doing the ronaldinho trick to the fullbackam i missing something here

His assists, then goals are at the end of the clip m8.

#SandDancer

Celtic boss Ronny Deila says Norways youngster Martin Odegaard could still end up at Celtic.

15 year old Norwegian international Odegaard is being watched by top clubs across europe including Barca, real madrid and liverpool but Deila reckons he could still end up at Celtic for at least a few years.

Deila was his mentor at Stromgodset and gave him his break into football, he is reported to be best friends with Martins father and is very close to his family.

Deila says he could go to any big club but may have to wait to get first team football, we could give him that chance he has plenty of time to make millions and become a top footballer.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smi8jvNixL8

The kid looks like he has potential to be a class act but will Celtic get him and will he get a game ?

why would anyone go to liverfool would rather play with Selkirk from1984

Archived