Elgin v Berwick, 13/12/14

The arctic bomb may have a say on whether this goes ahead. If it does, an intriguing contest between a home team burdened by rumours of preferring a return to the Highland League versus a Berwick side belatedly starting to click through the gears and buoyed by an excellent cup win at Coatbridge last night. I'm guessing Jim Weir did'nt take the job on condition he got Elgin relegated, so this isn't going to be a cakewalk by any stretch of the imigination, despite City being comfortably the worst side I've seen us play this season. That said, they still left Shielfield with a point, which tells you everything you need to know about our own lack of consistency.

I'd start with:

Andrews

Jacobs Fairbairn Young Drummond

Willis L Currie Notman Gray

Lavery Russell

2-1 to the Gers. If it's on.

Gunn to score all 3.

Few snow flurries now and again but nothing major more of it is sleet but absolutely freezing so hats, scarves and gloves ready folks.

If the match was to be in doubt it would probably be due to sleet making the pitch soggy but doubt it so far.

Few snow flurries now and again but nothing major more of it is sleet but absolutely freezing so hats, scarves and gloves ready folks.

If the match was to be in doubt it would probably be due to sleet making the pitch soggy but doubt it so far.

I hope they put the covers on

Guest The Phoenix
I'm sure our players will be looking forward to heading up to Elgin on a cold wet wintery Tuesday night in January

Not going to happen unless both Clubs agree which is unlikely in the case of Berwick.

I'm sure our players will be looking forward to heading up to Elgin on a cold wet wintery Tuesday night in January

Don't want to tempt fate by using the 'W' word, but if we win at Spartans, the quarter final is scheduled for the same saturday as our next trip to Elgin. So that would be 2 Tuesday trips up to the arctic circle!

Archived