Spartans v Berwick

Yellow Feet

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How far is the curfew to the ground?

Sounds like most of our lot are going to head to the Phoenix Club across from the ground.

Think I'll blend in with the wee gers at the curfew ok?

Cheers

Grimbo

How far is the curfew to the ground?

Sounds like most of our lot are going to head to the Phoenix Club across from the ground.

Think I'll blend in with the wee gers at the curfew ok?

Cheers

Grimbo

Ground is 30 mins walk from Station. There's 2 chippys on the walk from the Station into town and there is also a Wetherspoons near the main bridge. Then another 15 min walk.

Curfew is nearer the old lower level bridge. It's a small but brilliant real ale Micropub, so don't expect room for thousands of you!

Ground is 30 mins walk from Station. There's 2 chippys on the walk from the Station into town and there is also a Wetherspoons near the main bridge. Then another 15 min walk.

Curfew is nearer the old lower level bridge. It's a small but brilliant real ale Micropub, so don't expect room for thousands of you!

Most of our boys are just lager monsters so can leave them at the Phoenix, will just bring me an a mate to the decent ale house .

Grimbo

At the moment, the same half dozen people have their say on here and can easily be dismissed as whingers. That's specifically why supporters organisations need to be more vocal on our behalf. In a more diplomatic way, of course.

Thank you for recognising it is the same half dozen whinging on here and not the majority of fans.

Perhaps those whingers views would have more sway if they actually made the odd positive comment now and again about the club.

Naw, that's bollocks. I said "can easily be dismissed as whingers"

But that would be by people who aren't interested in criticism

All the people I had in mind, including myself, are happy to praise where necessary and all of them, including myself, do exactly that.

I hear more general and regular whingeing in the Ducket from people who never come on here.

Would you have everyone saying positive things if we were in the relegation playoffs? And if not, where is the dividing line where criticism becomes acceptable? For me, it's somewhere around finishing mid table 5 years running, and several abject performances in a row.

Most of our boys are just lager monsters so can leave them at the Phoenix, will just bring me an a mate to the decent ale house .

Grimbo

In that case Grimbo, get yourself to the Curfew for good pre-match talk and fabulous beer.

In that case Grimbo, get yourself to the Curfew for good pre-match talk and fabulous beer.

We are leaving Edinburgh at 4.30 so should be there by 6 at the latest.

Looking forward to my 1st curfew.

Grimbo

Thank you for recognising it is the same half dozen whinging on here and not the majority of fans.

Perhaps those whingers views would have more sway if they actually made the odd positive comment now and again about the club.

I'm confident I fall into your "whingers" category, but if you can be arsed to read my posts you'll note that I balance what I think is generally reasoned criticism with positive comment in equal measure when it's due. At the end of the day, I've done the hard yards with Berwick Rangers, I've put plenty of effort in behind the scenes, and what I would like to see from time to time is a genuinely competitive team on the park. This is a forum for people to sound off, though I have no time for trolls. If you don't like the criticism, stay off P&B if you're feeling all tender and sensitive about it. I don't recall many - if any - posts from you that are actually about the game or commentary on themes like a /good/bad league campaign. You comment on other commentators, which, frankly, is a cop out. As is keeping your head below the parapet. Too many people are either too lazy or scared to speak up at Berwick Rangers, which is one of the reasons the team isn't making progress on the field. If there's no challenge to the status quo, things tend not to get better.

Here's a challenge for you:

1) What's your view on the team's performance over the last 7 years?

2) How do you feel about their form this season?

3) What's your view on the decision to extend the manager's contract?

I love talking about football. That includes make positive and negative comments about the team/players/manager/board or whoever. It's what makes football football. We don't all agree and we can all debate, argue or whatever, but that's good IMO. I enjoy it.

I don't really get when people take huge offence to criticism. I'm happy to get it in my own job and try to do things better if I think it's a valid point.

I remember your point Gene when people were moaning about communication. Saying people shouldn't expect any more news than the weekly update in the paper. That was nonsense IMO. Clubs should always be taking negativity, advice or constructive criticism on board as that's the way things improve.

Archived