Scottish giants could act as A-League Jets saviour

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giants club statement:

In relation to reports that Dundee United may be interested in buying Newcastle Jets of Australia, a spokesperson for the Club said: We have been made aware of reports circulating in Australia regarding a potential purchase of Newcastle Jets. We can confirm that our own Chairman Stephen Thompson has visited Australia recently where he met a number of clubs and league representatives as part of a wide-ranging fact finding mission.

This Boards view is that football is a global market place and as part of our aim to develop Dundee United Football Club we are continually seeking opportunities to improve on and off field. Mr Thompsons visit to Australia provided a worthwhile insight into a league that is progressing rapidly, whose clubs are part of a growing market in world football and is home to a number of very promising young players.

At all times the Board will act in the best interests of this Club and Australia is simply one of a number of countries that Dundee United is monitoring. Our philosophy remains focused on the identification and professional development of the best young footballing talent available.

The very definition of a non-statement!

There is real danger in wanting to invest in Australia. The danger being the huge numbers of incredibly poisonous snakes and spiders. I worry that ST or someone from United might unwittingly smuggle a spider back from Australia only for that spider to mate with a Dundonian spider to create a new race of deadly spiders that then begin killing off Dundee folk one by one.*

*my fear might be based loosely on the plot of the film Arachnophobia

There is real danger in wanting to invest in Australia. The danger being the huge numbers of incredibly poisonous snakes and spiders. I worry that ST or someone from United might unwittingly smuggle a spider back from Australia only for that spider to mate with a Dundonian spider to create a new race of deadly spiders that then begin killing off Dundee folk one by one.*

Cant the spiders kill off the fifers while they're at it?

1Igfjkn.jpg

Can't believe nobody has done this yet, so I'll go first:

"Scottish Giants" :lol::thumsup2:P

There must be some definition of the word 'giants' I have never heard before.

Archived