The worst poster on P&B?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ginger was more used for referring to Irn-Bru due to its colour.

But as I said, it's used for all cans of carbonated flavoured beverages-even clear ones like lemonade. Not trying to catch you out mate, just genuinely (not really) interested. Was ginger beer the first carbonated beverages so everything that followed classed as 'ginger"? Probably the answer lies outside our lifetime![emoji2]

I imagine the first carbonated beverages were discovered completely by accident, long, long ago.

This conversation reminds me of the story of the lad who was out on his first important client dinner after being hired straight out of school. When the waiter asked him if he would like ginger with his melon starter, he replied that he would have wine, the same as everybody else. 

10 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I imagine the first carbonated beverages were discovered completely by accident, long, long ago.

This conversation reminds me of the story of the lad who was out on his first important client dinner after being hired straight out of school. When the waiter asked him if he would like ginger with his melon starter, he replied that he would have wine, the same as everybody else. 

Urban legend attributed to various including Sir John of Stein wrt the wee jakey wifebeater.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Urban legend attributed to various including Sir John of Stein wrt the wee jakey wifebeater.

Well, I never imagined it was true. I think I read it in Tom Shield's Diary, back when The Herald was worth reading. 

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

Well, I never imagined it was true. I think I read it in Tom Shield's Diary, back when The Herald was worth reading. 

I loved Tom Shields.  When I was in Uni in London in the early 80s my auld dear sent me the back pages of sunday's Mail and Monday's Herald to keep me in touch with football.  She also included TS's diary as and when and it was such good humour.

Archived