Bully Wee vs Wee Rovers

I'm sorry, 5 games without a goal in the third division - it's getting indefensible. If there's one set of fans in Scottish football entitled to worry about their team and manager then it's surely us. It's beyond 'needing a striker.'

But but but we are only 5 points from the play offs!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's about a midfield that can create a few chances then a striker. 5 games without a goal, or even a sniff of a goal is just unbelievable.

Least I won't get a slagging off my mates for telling them to put Albion on their coupons.

I have backed him from the start prepared to give him January window to turn it round

Good, I'm glad someone agrees.

I'm sorry, 5 games without a goal in the third division - it's getting indefensible. If there's one set of fans in Scottish football entitled to worry about their team and manager then it's surely us. It's beyond 'needing a striker.'

What would you suggest?

That really wasn't great today; win aside. The loanee Davidson is one of the most wasteful players we've had for some time, and he really put us up against it at times with silly attempted passes that were never really on. He wasn't alone in having a poor day though, in what was a pretty listless performance.

Thankfully, Clyde could have played for ever and not scored, and once Cusack had us ahead, it was always pretty certain that we'd grind it out. A better team would have gubbed us though; there's little doubt about that

Some players with backbones would be nice. That was quite possibly the worst display i've ever witnessed, and i include the two 8-1s and 7-1s in that. The '1' being the plus point. Clearly no players were tuned into the radio on Monday and are prepared to do what it takes to remain at the club. Also possibly the lowest crowd at Broadwood, but i guess the 40-odd show of hands from the AGM found it right up their street. Pathetic on all fronts, it's as simple as that.

What would you suggest?

An experienced manager who knows what he's doing. He's admitted himself he's still very much "learning". He can learn somewhere else while they're 4 pts above relegation playoff place

But club's set their stall out. So can only hope that despite his signing track record, its hugely improved when next month comes around...and that's combined with a huge improvement in his own performance

How anyone can say that a manager has little or no responsibility for team performances & results is beyond me & just about everyone else

An experienced manager who knows what he's doing. He's admitted himself he's still very much "learning". He can learn somewhere else while they're 4 pts above relegation playoff place

But club's set their stall out. So can only hope that despite his signing track record, its hugely improved when next month comes around...and that's combined with a huge improvement in his own performance

How anyone can say that a manager has little or no responsibility for team performances & results is beyond me & just about everyone else

Did you think this season was going to be anything other than a transitional period? We lost our manager and some key players in last season's success before he was even appointed. I appreciate the frustration but whether you like him or not he's still a young manager trying to make a name for himself in management and he deserves the chance just as much as anyone else. If clubs hound out young managers every time things start going against them then we'll forever be stuck with dinosaurs like Duffy, Jim Weir, John Coughlin and feckin' Gardner Spiers. Also, who is saying that the manager has no responsibility for team performances and results?

. Also, who is saying that the manager has no responsibility for team performances and results?

No one, but myself and shaggro have put some of the blame on the players - still rightly so.

What's contradictory is admittance that we have an inexperienced manager but no tolerance or patience to give him time to get experience.

Did you think this season was going to be anything other than a transitional period? We lost our manager and some key players in last season's success before he was even appointed. I appreciate the frustration but whether you like him or not he's still a young manager trying to make a name for himself in management and he deserves the chance just as much as anyone else. If clubs hound out young managers every time things start going against them then we'll forever be stuck with dinosaurs like Duffy, Jim Weir, John Coughlin and feckin' Gardner Spiers. Also, who is saying that the manager has no responsibility for team performances and results?

Transitional period Scott? He inherited the majority of a squad capable of making the playoffs. Of course they weren't playing the football he wants, that's why they're in the bottom division. None of the teams are

He tried to run before he could walk. The kind of players he wants to play that style would be of a quality not willing to play in the lowest division.

Unfortunately they don't have the luxury of being a training ground for someone when there's the real threat via the pyramid system. If your 'instinct' is they won't be involved in that, fine, but the league table combined with the fact they have won 1 at home & not scored in the past 5 doesn't point to things going in the right direction

Relegation is too big a price for the sake of looking stylish by giving young managers a chance when they've been working with a pool of players for 6 months & inherited better than he now has

Everyone's now reduced to having to keep their fingers crossed for January rather than having any confidence it'll make all the difference. But obviously we all hope it will

What's contradictory is admittance that we have an inexperienced manager but no tolerance or patience to give him time to get experience.

its not contradictory if its been said they shouldn't have appointed an inexperienced manager in the first season of the pyramid system

It would be contradictory to be on record as saying you fear the possible repercussions of the pyramid system, then appoint an inexperienced manager

Really do feel some people are very naive when it comes to supporting Clyde. Okay BF is an inexperienced manager, so is Darren Young (it actually could be argued that BF has more experience than Darren Young due to his time at Blackpool) and look where Albion Rovers sit in the table and look where Clyde are. Also, BF inherited a good squad of players for this level and instead of trying to add 4 or 5 new players, he decides to decimate the squad from last year and brings in around 13 new players who for me have all been rotten apart from Alan Martin. Now we are getting from some fans 'give him time and we have the January transfer window to save us. Unless BF has lined up Ronaldo and Messi then I don't see us getting any better. The highest profile player BF has signed is Stephen O'Donnell, and he is past it hence the reason why we managed to sign him. Certain people are delusional if they think we are going to improve under BF.

After today, i'm certainly not deluded. Everything is pointing to absolutely catastrophic events, with very little appearing to be done about it. And i'm far from a Ferguson apologist....just realistic on the position we have found ourselves in. Looking forward to the Twitter and Facebook feeds for our first-team heroes tonight and tomorrow.....half-eaten kebabs and empty Smirnoff bottles by the bed at the ready, lads. If the party is fancy-dress, just go straight there in full kit....they've been playing at footballers since May anyway.

Scott96.

Im kind o wae u but we only lost Kieran and Stef... Duffys the biggest loss

Aye, I'd argue however that they were two stand-outs in the side alongside Ferguson.

No one, but myself and shaggro have put some of the blame on the players - still rightly so.

I do agree. That said, on one hand you've got the total diddes that Ferguson has brought in who just are not good enough and on the other you've got some big players simply not performing; Ferguson, McQueen and O'Donnell have all been terrible this season. I suppose the latter has been plagued with injuries since he left us in 2007 but he's been rotten beyond belief since returning.

Transitional period Scott? He inherited the majority of a squad capable of making the playoffs. Of course they weren't playing the football he wants, that's why they're in the bottom division. None of the teams are

He tried to run before he could walk. The kind of players he wants to play that style would be of a quality not willing to play in the lowest division.

Unfortunately they don't have the luxury of being a training ground for someone when there's the real threat via the pyramid system. If your 'instinct' is they won't be involved in that, fine, but the league table combined with the fact they have won 1 at home & not scored in the past 5 doesn't point to things going in the right direction

Relegation is too big a price for the sake of looking stylish by giving young managers a chance when they've been working with a pool of players for 6 months & inherited better than he now has

Everyone's now reduced to having to keep their fingers crossed for January rather than having any confidence it'll make all the difference. But obviously we all hope it will

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that a football club that comes under new management will inevitably go through a period of transition. In fact, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a high turnover of players at a club with a new manager. I'd argue that the players we lost from last season were replaceable, although I do accept that the players he's brought in haven't been up to scratch. As I've said above though, we have maintained some big players from last year who haven't performed so it seems unfair that people are attributing Ferguson with 100% of the blame.

The article on the BBC website would suggest that he's finally holding his hands up and admitting he has gotten things wrong so far, but it's now up to him to follow it up with some decent additions to the squad in January and get together a run of form. Ever the optimist ( :rolleyes:), I'm quite happy to give him time to (hopefully) achieve that. I said it on a thread recently, but the board have made their position clear - so there's no point in going to games and moaning at Ferguson. Working under that kind of pressure must be difficult, channelling some of that energy into supporting the team instead can only help matters. I'll be doing my bit and trying to get to some more games and would encourage others to do the same.

Really do feel some people are very naive when it comes to supporting Clyde. Okay BF is an inexperienced manager, so is Darren Young (it actually could be argued that BF has more experience than Darren Young due to his time at Blackpool) and look where Albion Rovers sit in the table and look where Clyde are. Also, BF inherited a good squad of players for this level and instead of trying to add 4 or 5 new players, he decides to decimate the squad from last year and brings in around 13 new players who for me have all been rotten apart from Alan Martin. Now we are getting from some fans 'give him time and we have the January transfer window to save us. Unless BF has lined up Ronaldo and Messi then I don't see us getting any better. The highest profile player BF has signed is Stephen O'Donnell, and he is past it hence the reason why we managed to sign him. Certain people are delusional if they think we are going to improve under BF.

Darren Young has had plenty experience coaching with Alloa in the lower leagues, so he was inevitably going to adapt quicker than Ferguson. Think it would also be fair to suggest that he's had quite a bit of money to play with at Albion. :whistle

Archived