Falkirk v Brechin 7/2/15

Gaz FFC

Poor performance but were through. Some Falkirk fans need to realise the latter because that's what matters

Credit to Brechin they came to frustrate us and had the odd chance. Wouldn't go as far as saying they were better than us or that they dominated it, but definitely gave us a game. Some of the treatment towards Sibbs was shocking. If we had a competent ref, that would have been sorted out early doors

Luck of the draw on Monday please

What do you mean shocking treatment to Sibbs? As far as we were concerned we could not belief Falkirk escaped any bookings in the first half for the number of late, heavy tackles they doled out. And we didn't just have the "odd chance". We had as many as Falkirk whose keeper had two great full length saves to save their bacon.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean shocking treatment to Sibbs? As far as we were concerned we could not belief Falkirk escaped any bookings in the first half for the number of late, heavy tackles they doled out. And we didn't just have the "odd chance". We had as many as Falkirk whose keeper had two great full length saves to save their bacon.

At the end of the day you are out and we are through. You did well stopping us play but didn't really create any more than two clearcut chances and you fluffed you lines on both. The PK you got was dubious the one you didn't get looked more of a PK. That summed up the ref for me. Hopeless. Now away with you and stop the scum coming up.

"If they had any quality" you cheeky sod! We had plenty quality. - full time fitness is what we lacked given our tail off with 10 minutes to go. A great performance by the City!

I didn't think you had much quality at all tbh. it was a good, spirited performance but I thought you lacked quality when it mattered - in front of goal.

Falkirk were shite but one of the few quality moments we produced, i.e. Loy's run on goal won us the game.

I thought you looked good enough to give any team in the 1st a game though and many teams in this division too probably.

Total & utter bullshit your team lived up to the part-time hammer thrower stereotypes perfectly ....you had a couple of chances where your player skied it over the bar & the other one where as usual McDonald made a routine save from a long shot look harder than it was ...Brechin look a dirty physical team just what I'd expect from part-time jokers

Good afternoon at the football. Was dreaming of playing Berwick when my dreams were shattered. Oh well!

I think a draw and a replay up at the glebe would have been great, would have had you there.

If I am honest I was expecting a better standard of play from Falkirk, but it was not that great. They guys are full time, physically bigger and should have been fitter, but it did not show. Your left back (leahy?) Was having a bad day and the right back was demonstrating " the hammer throwing" the striker that scored Morgan, bending run left our defense half asleep for his goal. I actually thought he was going to get more opportunity but the defense stepped up and addresses it better.

Penalty was due to rather clumsy overly physical defending.

Until the next time.

Total & utter bullshit your team lived up to the part-time hammer thrower stereotypes perfectly ....you had a couple of chances where your player skied it over the bar & the other one where as usual McDonald made a routine save from a long shot look harder than it was ...Brechin look a dirty physical team just what I'd expect from part-time jokers

What a tit!

Seriously , How many clear chances did the mighty Falkirk have on goal apart from the 2 goals , the half chance from Martin and the header off the bar ?

I remember McDonald making a first class save from a Hamilton header near the end of the first half, a stunning save from a Hamilton shot in the second and of course Bobby Barr's glaring miss . Various half chances in between.

It was hardly a one sided affair as some Bairns have hinted at earlier and at the very least we deserved a point. On balance of play it was fairly even, although the Falkirk 2nd goal came from a sustained 10 minutes of pressure and it appeared that our defence had a momentary lapse after Smith saved the first snap shot.

We were all gutted to be 1 down at half time too as it was another wee loss in concentration in which big Gerry allowed his man to peal off for the header.

The penalty we got was on the soft side but the one we didn't was a stonewaller. For Thomo to be booked was an injustice.

But fair play to Falkirk for holding out for the win. They must have been a bit worried as they tried to hold the ball in the corner with 5 mins left. I suppose all the full time teams do that as a mark of respect for their lesser opponents ???

The only sour note was the Falkirk fans booing when Molloy came off worse after a 50/50 on the half way line. Surely he was entitled to a bit of treatment from the physio ?

As for the crowd, it must have been a tad embarrassing to be out noised by about 50 of the 189 in the Brechin end . As for our biggest game of the season, that is still to come around April/May . Today was merely a day on the pish for most of us to guage how we would get on next season in the higher league. From what we saw I think we would fit in fairly easily. A bit gutted to be out of the cup but on the positive side we don't have the hassle of another midweek game to upset our promotion push.

See you all next season hopefully !

For years I've resisted posting any comments however... my boys are currently in forth Valley hospital...yet again "Jacko" takes not 1 but 2 knocks to the head,... to those that care,.. I will update you xxx

And they called us cloggers !!!!!! Give him our regards Shona. He was fantastic again today.

For years I've resisted posting any comments however... my boys are currently in forth Valley hospital...yet again "Jacko" takes not 1 but 2 knocks to the head,... to those that care,.. I will update you xxx

I don't remember any head knocks in the game, A 50/50 on the half way line was the only Physio involvement I can recall.

Whilst informative, not as entertaining as Lee McCullochs Maw, thats for sure.

I don't remember any head knocks in the game, A 50/50 on the half way line was the only Physio involvement I can recall.

Whilst informative, not as entertaining as Lee McCullochs Maw, thats for sure.

It was the constant clattering he was getting from the centre half . Unlike the full time prima donnas though he just gets up and gets on with it . Hence the reason it went unnoticed to most of you.

Archived