Hibs to wipe debt

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif What's wrong with me like xox.

I'm just joshing, you lovable scamp, you.

I wouldn't be too terrified Jamie, maybe Doyler's just logging into your FB account and reading everything.

I hope not, I wouldn't want anyone to know how crushingly dull my existence actually is.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: I'm not in the slightest bit fucked about FYNANSHUL CHEETIN or otherwise at Hearts. Its some jambos who appear to still have their jimmies rustled about it, with these demonstrably false weaksauce accusations of us cheating.

I sleep very well, ta.

:lol: In all seriousness though, I think it's great for Scottish football. I only hope that you are as prudent on the field as you are off of it, and manage to sort yourselves in time for you to come up (hopefully with us) this season. January will be massive for you.

:lol: In all seriousness though, I think it's great for Scottish football. I only hope that you are as prudent on the field as you are off of it, and manage to sort yourselves in time for you to come up (hopefully with us) this season. January will be massive for you.

f**k that Yous are pish, probably no even finish in the top 4

Ta man. Agreed, Stubbs has to do some dece business in Jan if we're to have any chance. Largely been happy with the players he's brought in so far but still a few total wage thieves to be punted.

f**k that Yous are pish, probably no even finish in the top 4

You glue bro?

nauseating sycophancy. I hope they finish outside the playoffs.

Good news for them though.

back track over what? there's a difference between going into admin, screwing over creditors and then being proud of supposedly being debt free and coming to an agreement with a financial institution. it is completely different.

It's sort of like the difference between a crash and a crash landing.

However the most frequently advanced ethical argument behind the moral panic over teams going into administration seems to have been the cosgrovian one that clubs who had ran up bills which they ultimately couldn't pay had enjoyed an unfair advantage which justified sanctions to put them at a disadvantage.

If one were to accept that argument then one would have difficulty in arguing that teams who ran up debts they couldn't fully honour weren't enjoying an advantage even if they managed to reach a voluntary agreement with their creditors without the creditors forcing the issue by taking it into administration.

I hope you won't be killing the great vibe at The Loanhead Arena with this this kind of confrontational, uncouth language.

It's sort of like the difference between a crash and a crash landing.

However the most frequently advanced ethical argument behind the moral panic over teams going into administration seems to have been the cosgrovian one that clubs who had ran up bills which they ultimately couldn't pay had enjoyed an unfair advantage which justified sanctions to put them at a disadvantage.

If one were to accept that argument then one would have difficulty in arguing that teams who ran up debts they couldn't fully honour weren't enjoying an advantage even if they managed to reach a voluntary agreement with their creditors without the creditors forcing the issue by taking it into administration.

Comparing the two situations doesn't really boil down to individual's "ethical arguments", they're completely different scenarios, only one of which is deemed bad practice by the rules written by the clubs.

If they're effectively the same thing, Hearts should have settled their debts without going into admin and getting a points penalty.

A guaranteed 9 points for us next season if they come up. And I'll admit, I'd miss the derbies, imagine having only Celtic games as "big games"? Nah, definitely would like to see them up, especially if it keeps Rangers in the championship.

Aye me too. :1eye

Comparing the two situations doesn't really boil down to individual's "ethical arguments", they're completely different scenarios, only one of which is deemed bad practice by the rules written by the clubs.

If they're effectively the same thing, Hearts should have settled their debts without going into admin and getting a points penalty.

In terms of the application of the rules as they happen to stand at the moment they're irrelevant but in the context of the sanctimonious, sniping that has been in common currency around these stories ethical arguments are absolutely core.

Also the decision as whether to trigger administration is, generally speaking, one for the creditors as opposed to the debtors. One of the many differences between these cases is that Lloyds/HBOS were bailed out by the taxpayer and are in a position to deal with non performing assets in a calmer way than UKIO were.

In terms of the application of the rules as they happen to stand at the moment they're irrelevant but in the context of the sanctimonious, sniping that has been in common currency around these stories ethical arguments are absolutely core.

Also the decision as whether to trigger administration is, generally speaking, one for the creditors as opposed to the debtors. One of the many differences between these cases is that Lloyds/HBOS were bailed out by the taxpayer and are in a position to deal with non performing assets in a calmer way than UKIO were.

I won't stick up for the .net raspers who's pish you refer to often. But in fairness, there is no precedent here for Hibs fans' sanctimoniously reacting to a rival doing this. Proactively agreeing a settlement with your creditors and admin/CVAs are completely different things - as is quite literally demonstrable by the points deductions either given or not given out to Dundee United, Killie, Dundee, Hearts etc.

The only thing bringing the two scenarios together in an "ethical argument" is your insistence that they should be. If the bank didn't like the idea of an upfront settlement they could've told Farmer to f**k off and the next scheduled payment would've been with them as agreed. If you don't like the fact that is legally and ethically dispirate to Hearts' situation take it up with the clubs who recent agreed on a bunch of rules on this very subject - including Hearts.

I won't stick up for the .net raspers who's pish you refer to often. But in fairness, there is no precedent here for Hibs fans' sanctimoniously reacting to a rival doing this. Proactively agreeing a settlement with your creditors and admin/CVAs are completely different things - as is quite literally demonstrable by the points deductions either given or not given out to Dundee United, Killie, Dundee, Hearts etc.

The only thing bringing the two scenarios together in an "ethical argument" is your insistence that they should be. If the bank didn't like the idea of an upfront settlement they could've told Farmer to f**k off and the next scheduled payment would've been with them as agreed. If you don't like the fact that is legally and ethically dispirate to Hearts' situation take it up with the clubs who recent agreed on a bunch of rules on this very subject - including Hearts.

*disparate

Archived