Hibs to wipe debt

Reporting in the Sun today apparently. I assume this is a similar sort of deal to the Aberdeen/Dundee Utd/Killie deals.

Interested to get the Hibs fans take on this, afterall, they were utterly seething about Hearts wiping their debt.

Not paying back £9 million is surely cheating?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reporting in the Sun today apparently. I assume this is a similar sort of deal to the Aberdeen/Dundee Utd/Killie deals.

Interested to get the Hibs fans take on this, afterall, they were utterly seething about Hearts wiping their debt.

Not paying back £9 million is surely cheating?

hearts haven't wiped out their debt. they still owe budgie to the tune of £5,000,000 do they not?

it's not cheating if you don't steal the poppy tin :ph34r:

Be interesting watching the Hibs fans trip over each other as they furiously back track.

back track over what? there's a difference between going into admin, screwing over creditors and then being proud of supposedly being debt free and coming to an agreement with a financial institution. it is completely different.

Any links for this, canny see anything on The Sun online? Would be interesting to see what is being wiped out here, potentially good news. I'd be surprised if mortgages are being forgiven though, not familiar with banks doing that too often. Might be sensible to wipe out some other debts, you'd imagine there's outstanding credit lines that aren't going anywhere soon otherwise.

Any links for this, canny see anything on The Sun online? Would be interesting to see what is being wiped out here, potentially good news. I'd be surprised if mortgages are being forgiven though, not familiar with banks doing that too often. Might be sensible to wipe out some other debts, you'd imagine there's outstanding credit lines that aren't going anywhere soon otherwise.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/sir-tom-farmer-nearing-hibs-debt-deal-1-3629264

Ta, interesting. Can't reallt get my tattie around how this will work with the settlement coming from Farmer. On the face of it, pleasing. Will wait to read more detail though.

if he's as far gone as people make out then he'll probably forget he's doing it and change his mind

if he's as far gone as people make out then he'll probably forget he's doing it and change his mind

Also potentially interesting. Wonder if the old guy is tidying up his house before he goes. Could also explain why the bank would be up for getting some of their cash now, rather than have arrangements outstanding (some of which will take forever to clear anyway) with a business in total limbo.

Get STF on your 2015 dead pool.

back track over what? there's a difference between going into admin, screwing over creditors and then being proud of supposedly being debt free and coming to an agreement with a financial institution. it is completely different.

Whatever helps you sleep at night champ.

Archived