Play-off predictions?

There seems to be a lot of interesting scenarios assuming Hearts win (btw, I was there when we blew the league at Dens Park in '86 so am not counting the hens yet) and Sevco, QotS and Hibs follow.

The likely bottom teams in the SPL - Ross, St Mirren, Motherwell or maybe Killie won't offer much opposition on current form so I'd say it's likely that the Champs side will come up again. Not sure who though?

Sevco would walk it against the SPL teams who would more than likely implode at Ibrox.

However, I reckon Hibs would beat Sevco over two games.

On the other hand, QotS would probably beat Hibs.

Any thoughts?

Loving everyone not mentioning us

These prediction threads are a bit daft to be honest. I'm far from counting my chickens that we are going to finish in the playoffs, and I certainly regard Falkirk as our biggest threat despite the league table showing differently just now.

I actually fancy the Edinburgh duo to go up this season, Hearts to landslide the league and Hibs via play offs .... Then the SPL becomes a 14 team league and the remaining play off clubs (shock Rangers) get auto promotion ....

Serious note though, Hearts for the League, Hibs to go up via Playoffs beating Gers & the SPL Club (4th place to be a tussle between Falkirk and Queens IMO)

I also fully expect us to be there to, albeit we will be at the wrong end of the league in the relegation play offs with Livi/Cowdung/Alloa !

If Hearts narrowly missed out on automatic promotion, I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose the play offs. It'd be ridiculous and feel unfair for them but it would be their whole season coming down to 4 matches and teams have been as good as Hearts and bottled that before.

I actually fancy the Edinburgh duo to go up this season, Hearts to landslide the league and Hibs via play offs .... Then the SPL becomes a 14 team league and the remaining play off clubs (shock Rangers) get auto promotion ....

Serious note though, Hearts for the League, Hibs to go up via Playoffs beating Gers & the SPL Club (4th place to be a tussle between Falkirk and Queens IMO)

I also fully expect us to be there to, albeit we will be at the wrong end of the league in the relegation play offs with Livi/Cowdung/Alloa !

Could see most of that. Hibs may be strong enough with Malonga and Farid back to beat QotS but I'm not so sure about the likes of St Mirren. Possibly. Hibs always have a good patch somewhere in the middle of the season and then go pear-shaped. Who knows?

Would love The Rangers to have another pop at the Petrofac next year.

Hibs to beat us in extra time. The Rangers will then beat Hibs and lose to the 11th place Premiership team.

The games against the Premiership team will be the easy bit for Rangers. It's the possible games against Hibs that worries me most.

I still reckon Rangers would score more goals than Hibs in two games, though.

If it was a one off game Hibs would have had a much better chance at causing an upset.

The next 4 games will really define our season I think. 4 games against teams below us before taking on Hibs, Hearts and Queens in January. It was around this time of year last season that we really got a good run together! We're on a good run of 3 wins on the bounce in all competitions. Chances to strengthen in January. Who knows what could happen.

The games against the Premiership team will be the easy bit for Rangers. It's the possible games against Hibs that worries me most.

I still reckon Rangers would score more goals than Hibs in two games, though.

If it was a one off game Hibs would have had a much better chance at causing an upset.

What are you basing that on?

Both meetings so far this season, both at Ibrox, finished 1-1 (in normal time) and 3-1 to Hibs.

What are you basing that on?

Both meetings so far this season, both at Ibrox, finished 1-1 (in normal time) and 3-1 to Hibs.

Play off games can go to extra time (and penalties if necessary). Would have thought a Hibs fan would remember that.

Feel extremely confident that we'll make the playoffs but not go up. Over 36 games, there's no danger we're outside the top four in the league (imo). However, I can't see us being victorious through 6 games after the season's finished, too many glaring weaknesses to get through those games unscathed, imo.

Hearts should really win the league from here, have to admit my predictions about Rangers winning the league were bollocks. Really surprised at how consistent Hearts have been and just how fucking atrocious Sevco are. However, if they somehow slipped up, you'd have to imagine they'd be a bit fragile in the playoffs and would very possibly stay down.

Archived