1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

At what age do folk choose comfort over looks?

Just asking as today I'm wearing a pair of shoes my geography teacher would've been proud of and I'm not giving one single f**k.

I've been rocking the geography teacher look since my early 30s. Cords and Clark's shoes are the way forward.

9 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I've been rocking the geography teacher look since my early 30s. Cords and Clark's shoes are the way forward.

Leather patches on the elbows of your cardigan and/or tweed jacket finishes off the look.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

At what age do folk choose comfort over looks?

Just asking as today I'm wearing a pair of shoes my geography teacher would've been proud of and I'm not giving one single f**k.

My missus wears Skechers for her work as she's on her feet all day, as do loads of hairdressers and nurses, so the last time she went to buy some I feigned interest in buying a pair to the staff and tried on a pair of the trainers to see what all the fuss was about - my word, if they didn't look like something your granda would wear I'd have them on my feet all the time. They were like walking on velvet marshmallows. Whatever the f**k they are. 

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

My missus wears Skechers for her work as she's on her feet all day, as do loads of hairdressers and nurses, so the last time she went to buy some I feigned interest in buying a pair to the staff and tried on a pair of the trainers to see what all the fuss was about - my word, if they didn't look like something your granda would wear I'd have them on my feet all the time. They were like walking on velvet marshmallows. Whatever the f**k they are. 

Heat stroke?

Skechers seem to do fairly trendy and modern designs for women but it looks like they couldn't be arsed when it came to the men's range as they all look like trainers fat Americans wear when on 'vacation'. It's a shame as they are bloody comfy!

Love these but I’m not spending £300 on a pair of trainers. Would have got abused something else for wearing Kangaroos at school, how times change.

IMG_6849.jpg.66ba9706eafe91ac58572a181865801b.jpg

IMG_6851.jpg.3913652a41bf67e80b442c7d57f2f9a7.jpg

I have a pair of Roos x Sneakerholic and got another pair I pre ordered a few months back due soonish. I can say that the quality is a class above due to materials used and low production numbers. They often end up on sale so just wait it out or join KangaroosTalk on Facebook as plenty of folks selling pairs at prices nearer the £200 mark.

Literally just ordered a pair of Karhu in my usual size 10 and then just after I submitted the order I noticed the site said they recommend going up half a size in them. I just phoned the shop to change the order and the guy said he finds them a true fit and to stick with the size I ordered. 

Anyone else find they have to go up half a size in them?

On 16/10/2020 at 07:11, Dee Man said:

Literally just ordered a pair of Karhu in my usual size 10 and then just after I submitted the order I noticed the site said they recommend going up half a size in them. I just phoned the shop to change the order and the guy said he finds them a true fit and to stick with the size I ordered. 

Just checked mine. I’ve got them in a half size bigger than I’d wear Adidas or Nike trainers. They’re probably even quite snug at that, but very comfy so you get away with it. 

On 16/10/2020 at 07:11, Dee Man said:

Usual size is fine for me. You might want to cancel your order though, if trainers are getting popular on the p&b trainer thread then that's usually a sign to start wearing something else imo.