No they aren't.

Nike>>>Puma>>>Adidas

Nike :lol::lol::lol::lol: lay aff the glue pal

Puma only has the suedes and even they're average at best. Adidas has more variety and nicer trainers.

Even NB are better than Nike and most of they're trainers are pretty horrendous as well

Diadora Borgs. I have three pairs.

Yeah, but they are vintage o.g. One of the best quality trainer leathers ever, kangaroo skin. I have a pair of re-issues and they are horrifying. I won't even wear them.

I notice someone has bought hi-tops. Did they come with a free tube of Veet for your chest, Geordie Shore?

I once had a pair of Mikes.

Yes, Mikes. Not Nikes. Mikes.

:(

:lol: I also had a pair of Nicks. How the hell I never got beaten mercilessly at school is beyond me.

Two stripes? Was that your cheap trainers or your tan lines? :P

Erm, trainers. Clearly. :unsure:

I remember Nicks! A lassie in my class had a pair.

I remember Nicks, I'm pretty sure you got them in Stead & Simpson.

The ultimate humiliation back in the mid '80s was ownership of a pair of Panther trainers, which were sold in Woolies. They were black, with red stripes. I can't remember if there were 4 or 2 stripes. Woolies also made an anorak that was similar to the Adidas and Patrick cagoules that were popular at the time. In Montrose anyone who wore Panther trainers or one of those anoraks was branded a "Woolies Casual" and was hounded mercilessly for their satorial faux-pas.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

I had Clarks Attackers when I was a nipper !! For kids with broad feet :-)

Loved my Diadora Borgs. If memory serves me right there was a gold and also a blue dash pair. Could be wrong. This was around 84 I think. Went well with my Fila BJ blue pinstripe track top from Austin Reeds in Edinburgh. Bloody 3 weeks wages as an apprentice!

I went through to Glasgow to get trainers though. Can't remember name of shop.

Also honourable mention for trim trabs.

I had Clarks Attackers when I was a nipper !! For kids with broad feet :-)

Loved my Diadora Borgs. If memory serves me right there was a gold and also a blue dash pair. Could be wrong. This was around 84 I think. Went well with my Fila BJ blue pinstripe track top from Austin Reeds in Edinburgh. Bloody 3 weeks wages as an apprentice!

I went through to Glasgow to get trainers though. Can't remember name of shop.

Also honourable mention for trim trabs.

A Fila BJ track top in mint nick now goes for £300. Seriously!

The first Borgs had a signature on the swoosh thingy, then after they didn't. Quality trainer though.

Well to put it into perspective I was earning 30£ a week as an apprentice. The Borg was £90 !! Also had loads of the BJ tennis shirts etc. Only place that had them back then was Austin Reed in Edinburgh.

The Diadoras I had autograph but can't mind if it was the blue or gold. Had both.

Also used to send away to a place called Streetfighter down south.

Mail order in they days was a bunch of photos sent to you with hand written prices on the back ????