2 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

If you wear an obscure pair of trainers and see someone else sporting the same version would you feel obliged to stop and chat? Asking for a friend obvs...

No I'd probably mention it to whoever I was with discreetly; almost like a ventriloquist. 

Anyway, if you did it would be like daft VW Beetle drivers who wave at other Beetle drivers, as well as keep a flower in the wimpy wee vase on the dash.

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

No I'd probably mention it to whoever I was with discreetly; almost like a ventriloquist. 

Anyway, if you did it would be like daft VW Beetle drivers who wave at other Beetle drivers, as well as keep a flower in the wimpy wee vase on the dash.

Is probably the correct answer. Cheers...

2 hours ago, RiG said:

I see of the Blackburn SPZLs are of shocking quality. Another Spiritus style f**k up from Adidas.

The quality of most Adidas trainer has fallen massively since 2008 onwards. 

They still sell out though, and in the past couple of years have been able to put their prices back up. 

I see of the Blackburn SPZLs are of shocking quality. Another Spiritus style f**k up from Adidas.

The SPZL range has been utter guff for a few years. The guy Gary Aspden that does it needs to pack it in and allow someone else to do it. They’ve gone up in price as well significantly. Majority of it ends up in the sales cause it’s overpriced minimalistic shite.

Anyone ever used that sneaker laundry place at the trongate?? Went past it but never bothered going in. Got a couple of pairs of trainers (white leather puma romas, Adidas zx50's) that I'd like to get spruced up a bit.

And NO not THOSE trainers, they were binned ages ago...

2 hours ago, philpy said:

Anyone ever used that sneaker laundry place at the trongate?? Went past it but never bothered going in. Got a couple of pairs of trainers (white leather puma romas, Adidas zx50's) that I'd like to get spruced up a bit.

I had a pair of brand new Nike Cortez for sale on Gumtree the other week and I had a guy asking me if I'd be up for a swap. The first thing that sprang to mind was an image of him turning up to my door with the infamous Philpy gutties. It gave me a good laugh just before I emailed him back telling him to bolt. 

The absolute state of those :lol: 

EHXb3sIVAAAyXkx.thumb.jpg.33b307706bea486cb08e4dbc80687e7e.jpg

Not sure if it’s the bird’s eye view from above, but those look like a pair of chubby green lace-up dicks! [emoji1]

There’s @DoctorTrainer on Twitter. Location given as Edinburgh but unsure if they have got a drop-in place or if they just do it from home.

• 2 weeks later...