Were you aware of the urban myth doing the rounds at the time that Troop were made by the KKK and if you removed the sole there was an image of a gollywog with a crucifix through it's head?

At least I think it was an urban myth.

To Rule Over Oppressed People

Never heard of it until now. Turns out it was three guys behind them. Two jews and a Korean. So unlikely...

To Rule Over Oppressed People

Never heard of it until now. Turns out it was three guys behind them. Two jews and a Korean. So unlikely...

Tjaak isn't as catchy.

Byraway: is there anywhere that has a list of the six-digit 'model numbers' that accompany Adidas Samba and what 'model' they correspond to?

Would love to check off which ones I've got.

Big love for Adidas on here.

How does Adidas Bamba rate with everyone? I think they look a lot better than their big brother Samba.

They don't have the big flappy tongue, they come in nicer colour ways and they seem to be more tailored and shape better on the feet.

If I had a choice I'd buy Bamba over Samba.

Where's the best place for adidas shoes? I've got all of mine from JD and size? but JD's selection is shite and I've completely gone off size after they fucked me over when buying the Stockholms (genuinely a minute away from purchasing then the site crashed).

Dk where you are because I can't see locations on my phone but if you live anywhere near tillicoultry there's a retail park called Sterling mills with an Adidas shop which isn't too bad. Bit of a hit or a miss though. You can go in one time and get any shoe you want (obviously Adidas only) but you could go in another and there won't be much so if you don't live near there I wouldn't risk it though

Comfiest ever I've had were probably those much-maligned Huaraches from the 90s. I had this pair.

Edit: I still remember wearing them to PE for the first time. There was a palpable pause in the air while folk assessed in their own head,s and collectively, whether I should get slagged for them. I was well pleased with them (a 50% sale in Stirling's Intersport is the only reason my mum tolerated the idea of buying them), but I knew they were risky.

A big sigh of relief when smiles broke out all round!

nikehuarache_zps9eddb31d.jpg

The closest I've had to most comfortable since were a pair of Adidas Neo from a few years back... dark green with red laces. No idea of the name, but wish I'd bought two pairs. I wear them sparingly now..

My current favourites are these:

converse_pappalardo_ox_olive__5179.jpg?0

I seem to pretty much always buy in dark greens and browns these days. No idea why. Boringness I guess.

The top pair of trainers are in fashion atm. I personally don't own any, but the grey goose brigade seem to all wear them.

Genuinely had no idea that men collected shoes, never mind trainers. It's all Hi-Tecs and the City in here :P(My apologies)

I've fluctuated between a size 13 to 15, so any trainers I've had have always been from the one shop that stocked them in my size, and usually the only pair that they had in stock. I used to have a pair of neon pink monstrosities, I shit you not.

Never had to resort to Green Flash, thankfully. Might as well have worn clown shoes in the areas I grew up.

Completely depends.

For example, Gazelle II are so narrow I can't wear them, Gazelle Indoor are as wide as boats.

The length is totally variable as well, I have 11, 11.5, 12, 12.5 and 13 in different models and all fit.

Pick a trainer you want and ask on here and I'll tell you wide or narrow, short or long.

Any idea how Adidas Dragons fit, compared to Campus 80s? My C80s are really comfy, quite fancy some dragons though.

Any idea how Adidas Dragons fit, compared to Campus 80s? My C80s are really comfy, quite fancy some dragons though.

Campus 80 are comfy indeed. Dragons are very popular but they are extremely narrow, so if you have a wide fitting then best to avoid. If not and you fancy them, then they're about true to size or maybe a half size up at a push.

Campus 80 are comfy indeed. Dragons are very popular but they are extremely narrow, so if you have a wide fitting then best to avoid. If not and you fancy them, then they're about true to size or maybe a half size up at a push.

Hmm, my feet are quite wide so think I may have to give them a miss. I tried some of the Spezials the other week and they were too narrow too.

Hmm, my feet are quite wide so think I may have to give them a miss. I tried some of the Spezials the other week and they were too narrow too.

Ooft, they are a wide fitting for Adidas, so you'd best swerve the Dragon. Try a pair of Hamburg, they're pretty wide. Schuh, Office or Size? will have them.

Ooft, they are a wide fitting for Adidas, so you'd best swerve the Dragon. Try a pair of Hamburg, they're pretty wide. Schuh, Office or Size? will have them.

It's conversations like this that make new glad to have narrow feet I don't have to worry about any of this