1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

images (7).jpeg

no further comments, your honour.

They look like they've been taken out of someones bin.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/apr/06/rishi-sunak-biggest-sartorial-blunder-shoe-in-adidas-samba-trainers

"Look down and check what you’re wearing on your feet. If it’s a pair of Adidas Sambas, I’m afraid you need to take them off immediately and never wear them again. Sorry. I don’t make the rules. Blame our beleaguered leader. In an Instagram video last Thursday, Rishi Sunak wore Sambas during a Downing Street interview to promote his tax policies. The doomed prime minister went for a white pair with navy stripes, teamed with skinny slacks and a tailored white shirt. Listen carefully and you could hear the death knell tolling for the trainer du jour."

10 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/apr/06/rishi-sunak-biggest-sartorial-blunder-shoe-in-adidas-samba-trainers

"Look down and check what you’re wearing on your feet. If it’s a pair of Adidas Sambas, I’m afraid you need to take them off immediately and never wear them again. Sorry. I don’t make the rules. Blame our beleaguered leader. In an Instagram video last Thursday, Rishi Sunak wore Sambas during a Downing Street interview to promote his tax policies. The doomed prime minister went for a white pair with navy stripes, teamed with skinny slacks and a tailored white shirt. Listen carefully and you could hear the death knell tolling for the trainer du jour."

Does anyone still wear Sambas other than when playing 5 a side football? 

ETA - just seen the pair a Sunak was wearing.  Apologies to any Samba wearers out there.  I was thinking of Samba Super.

Edited by Shadow Play

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

ETA - just seen the pair a Sunak was wearing.  Apologies to any Samba wearers out there.  I was thinking of Samba Super.

Samba Supers are great. In the days I was a Sub Club regular they were definitely the best trainers to withstand numerous nights out there.

Also good trainers for the weather in Scotland.

On 10/04/2024 at 22:21, Shadow Play said:

Samba are part of the national dress of Shetland, paired with an Ac/Dc t-shirt 

On 11/04/2024 at 02:01, houston_bud said:

Samba Supers are great. In the days I was a Sub Club regular they were definitely the best trainers to withstand numerous nights out there.

Also good trainers for the weather in Scotland.

Should have went to Espookio as the Paisley Panda in Sambas.