Well that's a bit silly. You can make decent profits on buying old release trainers, potentially fixing them up and re-dying them and selling them on again. Pretty sure Monster will agree with me.

Correct.

Yeah, I'm the one being 'silly'

Trainers are not investments.

Wrong. If you know what you're doing and have the right contacts you can make a modest living from it. Not easy of course, and not many can do it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting anyone to like those zx250, except maybe dave j, because they are for my collection and nothing to do with fashion.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting anyone to like those zx250, except maybe dave j, because they are for my collection and nothing to do with fashion.

Not for me mate, not a fan of running shoes. Any adidas I buy, I buy to wear not collect. Why are they collectible, other than year of release?

Nostalgia. Go on eBay and see how much the grey and yellow zx 600 are going for. I have a pair in the house but won't sell them for all the tea in China.

The reason? I had a pair at 16. Same reason I have Diadora Borgs, 710, 700, 500. All I need is the white and green Borgs and that's the collection complete.

Not for me mate, not a fan of running shoes. Any adidas I buy, I buy to wear not collect. Why are they collectible, other than year of release?

Nostalgia. Go on eBay and see how much the grey and yellow zx 600 are going for. I have a pair in the house but won't sell them for all the tea in China.

The reason? I had a pair at 16. Same reason I have Diadora Borgs, 710, 700, 500. All I need is the white and green Borgs and that's the collection complete.

Yeah, that's it. I didn't have zx250 but I had 300 and 450 in those days. It's just a refusal to accept age I think. Plus it's that one-upmanship where you know if you have them on nobody else has.

I do wear them by the way, it's a collection with functionality.

Commensurate with my vintage, i'm the proud owner of a cracking pair of Sambas with a pair of puma squash 2000 for scruffing about in. When they're done they will be replaced by something equivalent wi nane of this multi coloured luminous young guns pish anywhere to be seen.

Bought these a few days ago, £25 in the Adidas sale at Sterling. I'm besotted :wub:

988966_10152680511754143_565001456930077

You copy cat!! I take it you're a 9.5? Lol

post-35456-14203981401033_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waspy