Nik Wax is good too, though it's better for jackets and outerwear than it is for footwear. £5 a bottle from any outdoors shop or online and can be used on any material. I've used it on all my jackets that aren't fully waterproof. Works in a similar way to Crep Protect and Fabsil in that rainwater just beads off, but it's a totally different product, it's a micro wax solution suspended in water, rather than an aerosol moisture repellent.

I might on my own here but I can't bring myself to wear dark trainers. I have bought several, and always try and force myself to wear them but I just don't like the way they look next to dark jeans. I think they look nice in the shop but when I try to wear them I just need to go back to a pair of whites.

This also applies to wearing dark socks. I always wear dark socks when out but I change into white when I'm in the house.

Help me.

Bit of a trainer fiend.

Got Adidas Tobaccos Maroon, Red and white hamburgs (suede) Marathon 84s in navy, black and white gazelles OG are the favourites.

Favourite pair I've had are these though

25622.jpg

Belter of a trainer, will be getting bought again soon.

Just bought my old man a pair of these for his Christmas after I caught him wearing a pair of Lonsdales. Fucking Lonsdales, the man runs his own IFA business and he's swanning about it Lonsdales.

Idiot.

Wouldnt really trust the advice of an IFA wearing Sambas either tbh.

Neither would I if he wore them with his suit.

Wouldn't worry about it too much, he doesn't advise anymore. Just runs the show.

He's never worn the lonsdales to work by the way, which my post reads like a bit.

Edited by Mallo_Madrid

I've always worn Vans. They have been, by some distance, the comfiest and most consistent well made shoes I have ever worn (the Nike Air Hurache I had when I was about 12 maybe just pips them to the most comfy ever spot). I could just order them online and they would always fit and always be good.

However about a year ago Vans turned shite. The build quality just fell off a cliff and I have been trying out different brands of skate shoes as a replacement, all bar none have been shite too. Airwalk, DC, Osiris - all pish, made by blind, talentless kids in a ditch somewhere.

I am not a skateboarder, but I loved Vans huge soles and wide build, as having monster feet (13, sure your wife can have my number ;) ) shopping for shoes is always a nightmare. I don't fit adidas, even 13's as they are just too narrow. Help.

My trainers at the moment are a pair of Vans.

lpe_camo-olive04.jpg

Very comfy. I'm not a skateboarder or anything like that but you can feel the sponginess in these trainers which I'm assuming is something to do boarding. Whatever it is, it feels good.