No.

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Not loving the colourway to be honest.

5 minutes ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Not loving them either

Conclusive. 

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Are Veja a thing in the UK yet? Been wearing them the last 4 or 5 years since picking up a pair on holiday in France. Bought a pair of these ones today:

image.jpeg.6f3ad2ce88ae1f1c5882c0d849d469af.jpeg

I’ve started seeing a lot of them in the States recently, which is odd because Euro brands never do much over here. Bar those horrid Fila things that look like orthopedic shoes which were trendy among certain circles for a bit. 

8 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I’ve started seeing a lot of them in the States recently, which is odd because Euro brands never do much over here. Bar those horrid Fila things that look like orthopedic shoes which were trendy among certain circles for a bit. 

When I bought the first pair I had, I had never heard of them, just seen a pair of trainers I liked and that was it. Got home and a few days later I noticed one of the shops near the house was selling them. The shop nearby only sells stuff that is “ethically sound” I guess, all micro brands that are fair trade, use recycled materials and all that palaver. Have only bought them since then, whenever I need a new pair. Rarely seen anyone else wearing them until around 18 months ago, now they seem to be everywhere here.

7 minutes ago, Ross. said:

When I bought the first pair I had, I had never heard of them, just seen a pair of trainers I liked and that was it. Got home and a few days later I noticed one of the shops near the house was selling them. The shop nearby only sells stuff that is “ethically sound” I guess, all micro brands that are fair trade, use recycled materials and all that palaver. Have only bought them since then, whenever I need a new pair. Rarely seen anyone else wearing them until around 18 months ago, now they seem to be everywhere here.

Yeah, I live on the north side of Chicago which is white yuppie transcentral - 'we have a dress code round here sonny and it's fucking activewear ' - that'll likely explain it. Probably they've opened a shop in Wrigleyville sandwiched in between the McDicks that does table service and five branches of Lululemon. 

2 hours ago, yoda said:

For whatever reason, Veja seems to be quite popular in Inverness, of all places.

I assume Inverness is relatively well off and the residents can afford to show people how much they care about the world? I get the impression that this is main reason they took off here, and the main reason I question whether or not I want another pair whenever I buy them.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

I assume Inverness is relatively well off and the residents can afford to show people how much they care about the world? I get the impression that this is main reason they took off here, and the main reason I question whether or not I want another pair whenever I buy them.

They’ve been an extremely popular trainer among girls for years as Meghan and Kate have been seen wearing them. I think my gf has three pairs in varying colours of ‘V’. Amusingly I’ve been told that the Adidas Samba is the new ‘in’ shoe for girls this summer, despite it being the traditional realm of the Scottish Da for decades. Spotted my sister rocking a pair of Spezials the other day which was also a bit bizarre to see.

18 hours ago, Ross. said:

Are Veja a thing in the UK yet? Been wearing them the last 4 or 5 years since picking up a pair on holiday in France. Bought a pair of these ones today:

image.jpeg.6f3ad2ce88ae1f1c5882c0d849d469af.jpeg

Veja pretty much mainstream now in UK. Office, Schuh etc all stock them - don't think it is down to any significant uptake in UK shoppers wishing to be ethical (though many more people do care about this than say 10 years ago, and a priority for lots of students/younger folks) but more to do with Veja being on-trend with celebs as others have pointed to. Other ethical trainer brands such as PoZu, Cariuma and Allbirds only retain a small internet market and little or no high street footprint. 

I find Veja "social" wear shoes to be actually really uncomfortable. I have not tried their running/athletic shoes but they get really bad reviews from running websites in terms of support and comfort. I think Veja do genuinely make them with the intention for them to be used for exercise/runs but don't think many  who buy their running/athletic range is planning to use them as their main running shoe. 

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

They’ve been an extremely popular trainer among girls for years as Meghan and Kate have been seen wearing them. I think my gf has three pairs in varying colours of ‘V’. Amusingly I’ve been told that the Adidas Samba is the new ‘in’ shoe for girls this summer, despite it being the traditional realm of the Scottish Da for decades. Spotted my sister rocking a pair of Spezials the other day which was also a bit bizarre to see.

yeh light grey women's Samba everywhere just now....hopefully will mean that everyone and their dog will be ditching their Stan Smiths. 

I have a paid of Adidas Nastase that my missus always laughs at whenever I wear. Am both hoping for and dreading the day they ever become on-trend....

18 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Veja pretty much mainstream now in UK. Office, Schuh etc all stock them - don't think it is down to any significant uptake in UK shoppers wishing to be ethical (though many more people do care about this than say 10 years ago, and a priority for lots of students/younger folks) but more to do with Veja being on-trend with celebs as others have pointed to. Other ethical trainer brands such as PoZu, Cariuma and Allbirds only retain a small internet market and little or no high street footprint. 

I find Veja "social" wear shoes to be actually really uncomfortable. I have not tried their running/athletic shoes but they get really bad reviews from running websites in terms of support and comfort. I think Veja do genuinely make them with the intention for them to be used for exercise/runs but don't think many  who buy their running/athletic range is planning to use them as their main running shoe. 

The ones I have had so far have all been comfortable enough, that said it has basically been the same trainer(Rio Branco or SDU Rec, going by Google) in different colours each time. This is the first time I have decided to try something else from them, so will see how it goes.

Going to purchase a new pair this weekend, but I am open to suggestions. Traditionally I am an Air Max buyer, I never have less than 2 pairs. But I want to step away from that this time. I am, and have always been quite chavy, and like the traditional 'casual' look (don't judge me, we all have our own styles). Nothing too out there and nothing too dull, budget is about £120 or so. Suggestions please...

25 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Going to purchase a new pair this weekend, but I am open to suggestions. Traditionally I am an Air Max buyer, I never have less than 2 pairs. But I want to step away from that this time. I am, and have always been quite chavy, and like the traditional 'casual' look (don't judge me, we all have our own styles). Nothing too out there and nothing too dull, budget is about £120 or so. Suggestions please...

Jeez £120 on trainers?

Next you'll be wearing a tuxedo to dine breakfast.