On 22/02/2021 at 17:09, Duszek said:

Got a pair of these in the sales and they fucking rule. Miles better than Converse.

pall.jpg

The soles look better than converse, are they more comfortable for walking in? What are the sizes like, normal fit or a bit small? I see they're still on sale in limited sizes and might try a pair.

1 hour ago, s_dog said:

The soles look better than converse, are they more comfortable for walking in? What are the sizes like, normal fit or a bit small? I see they're still on sale in limited sizes and might try a pair.

The soles are so much better than Converse. I'm stomping around like a motherfucker. The UK sizes seem spot on, I got a EUR 43 which sometimes means an 8.5 but in this case was a 9. 

On 07/03/2021 at 16:40, 8MileBU said:

Seen some of their trainers cost about £80 and they look identical to the ones you get for £30 in Sports Direct.

I tend to love Adidas trainers but this is a great point, I've often seen trainers I want but they are £90 then seen a similar looking pair in JD or something for £30. 

I really need to branch out. What other brands are decent and comfy? I don't really like Nike's big stupid tick

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I tend to love Adidas trainers but this is a great point, I've often seen trainers I want but they are £90 then seen a similar looking pair in JD or something for £30. 

I really need to branch out. What other brands are decent and comfy? I don't really like Nike's big stupid tick

Out of the trainers I currently own, I would say my Asics Gel’s are decent and comfy. Not sure if they’d appeal to you though as their logo thing has more to it than the Nike tick? 

I got an ad email the other day saying GetTheLabel have a range of Asics Gel’s for about £35-£40 just now. Worth a look to see if they’ve any colours you like. 

Edited by 8MileBU

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

As a rule I never buy New Balance

Until now, just ordered these things

11734818_l.jpg.e802e41b3405c5024683c90d146765ac.jpg

I used to buy New Balance up until around 2010, but then all the teenagers and art students started wearing it so it was time to move on.

The same thing happened with Saucony a couple of years later.

16 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Tam, you just don’t know what you’re missing.  574’s and 576’s are my personal favourite NB.

75CC741F-8489-45A1-99DF-30602BDDC887.jpeg

I've had new balance in the very distance past pal, then went right off them and purposely steered clear for about 30 years. This may change if these turn out to be decent.

6 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I've had new balance in the very distance past pal, then went right off them and purposely steered clear for about 30 years. This may change if these turn out to be decent.

Ah, I see, my bad.  I thought you meant you had never bought NB’s in the past.  

It was just over 30 years ago (late ‘80’s) NB first brought out the 574’s and 576’s.   A great period of time in so many ways!

13 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Ah, I see, my bad.  I thought you meant you had never bought NB’s in the past.  

It was just over 30 years ago (late ‘80’s) NB first brought out the 574’s and 576’s.   A great period of time in so many ways!

Aye, it was the late 80s when I had a pair. You would've stood out in Dundee with New Balance on back then, it was like a sea of sambas and travel fox.

16 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Aye, it was the late 80s when I had a pair. You would've stood out in Dundee with New Balance on back then, it was like a sea of sambas and travel fox.

In the late ‘80’s it was Timberlands for me - boats shoes, boots and the 3 eye lug boat shoes.........with Chipie and Chevignon flares usually 😊

• 4 weeks later...