16 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Those are fantastic. Might get these.

A few places doing good offers on Nike Daybreak’s and the not too dissimilar Nike Challenger’s just now, at around the £40-£50 mark. Some decent colour combos too. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Cheers. I never knew any of that. 

Edited by 8MileBU

Vintage nike are timeless for me in terms of looks but as a runner they show the evolution of technology to what we have now.  Back in the day nike were all about the running as opposed to the corporate giant they are now. 

1 hour ago, Slenderman said:

I was ridiculed by a certain Dundonian poster for being a Marty McFly wannabe for owning them.

Was it the white, red & blue ones as per the photos above and previous page?

51 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Vintage nike are timeless for me in terms of looks but as a runner they show the evolution of technology to what we have now.  Back in the day nike were all about the running as opposed to the corporate giant they are now. 

It’s hard to imagine any of the old classic Nike styles (i.e. Cortez etc) were ever designed/worn for running compared with what running trainers are like now.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

It’s hard to imagine any of the old classic Nike styles (i.e. Cortez etc) were ever designed/worn for running compared with what running trainers are like now.

Aye, white with the red swish. Like McFly/Steve Harrington (from Stranger Things).

ETA: Can't find those other Nikes I liked in my size. Curse my clown feet...

Edited by Slenderman

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Still a million miles ahead of the Adidas originals.

On 28/02/2021 at 17:27, 8MileBU said:

I would agree. Have one pair of Adidas trainers and they’re decent but on the whole I rate other brands higher.

Yeah, the only pair of Adidas that I have liked was when I had these M10's about 15 years ago.

adidasMarathon10Shoe2.jpg

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, the only pair of Adidas that I have liked was when I had these M10's about 15 years ago.

adidasMarathon10Shoe2.jpg

I wouldn’t say I don’t like Adidas or anything, just like other brands better. Adidas seem quite a lazy brand these days. Their casual range (i.e. Hamburg’s, Jeans etc) are all a bit samey IMO. Their active range isn’t much better. Seen some of their trainers cost about £80 and they look identical to the ones you get for £30 in Sports Direct.