• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Duszek said:

Think they used to equip the French Foreign Legion. Comfy in any case. 

Yeah you’re correct. I’ve just read the company’s history on the “About” section of their website. Started off making airplane tyres then branched out into military boots. 

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I don't require orthopedic shoes so should be fine but cheers for the concern 

There was a bit of chat on this thread a couple of years back when those Onitsuka Tigers first became popular.  The general consensus for those of us who owned a pair of the ones which were popular and similar to the style you’ve posted above was that they were horrendously uncomfortable and even sore to wear, hence my reply. 

That model of OT’s you’ve posted look like they have a little bit more of a sole on them though.

There was a bit of chat on this thread a couple of years back when those Onitsuka Tigers first became popular.  The general consensus for those of us who owned a pair of the ones which were popular and similar to the style you’ve posted above was that they were horrendously uncomfortable and even sore to wear, hence my reply. 
That model of OT’s you’ve posted look like they have a little bit more of a sole on them though.
I've had a few pairs of Onitsuka Tigers and always found them to be comfortable.

10 minutes ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:
2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I've had a few pairs of Onitsuka Tigers and always found them to be comfortable.

Can’t speak for any other styles as they’re the only OT’s I’ve owned but it was this “Mexico 66” style I was on about which myself and some others on here didn’t find comfortable.

957381A7-E71B-4098-A1D4-05D5F1C7F7E4.jpeg

Edited by 8MileBU

5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Can’t speak for any other styles as they’re the only OT’s I’ve owned but it was this “Mexico 66” style I was on about which myself and some others on here didn’t find comfortable.

957381A7-E71B-4098-A1D4-05D5F1C7F7E4.jpeg

Useless fact here but those are the same style as the original nike cortez. Both companies made them at the same time due to trademark licensing laws at the time. 

Screenshot_20210227-210413_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Useless fact here but those are the same style as the original nike cortez. 

Both companies made them at the same time due to trademark licensing laws at the time. 

Screenshot_20210227-210413_Chrome.jpg

What’s the script with the trademark/licensing? Feel like your post is missing a bit info or it’s not explained clearly.

I had a blue and white pair of Cortez a few years ago but they didn’t have that tab on the heel.