18 minutes ago, yoda said:

I'm needing to invest in a new pair of creps. I've been loyal to New Balance's "Made In..." stuff, mainly because the quality has been really good and the pair below were the best fitting, most comfortable trainers i've ever owned. Sadly the current available colourways are all absolutely dreadful and I'm not willing to shell out a decent sum of money on them.

Reveal hidden contents

new-balance-990-distinct-mid-century-mod

However, I've had my head turned by Karhu (not the Synchron laced ones though). Talk to me about Karhu, P&B; convince me not to take a speculative punt on a pair of Fusions. Or recommend me something that isn't the usual Adidas/Nike nonsense.

Karhu are decent. Good quality, comfy and hold up well after a good bit of wear. Also, they are a bit different from the norm. Hanon usually have a good selection, although I haven't looked for a while. 

Comparible to NB "Made In..." I would say.

Edited by Futureboy

I'm needing to invest in a new pair of creps. I've been loyal to New Balance's "Made In..." stuff, mainly because the quality has been really good and the pair below were the best fitting, most comfortable trainers i've ever owned. Sadly the current available colourways are all absolutely dreadful and I'm not willing to shell out a decent sum of money on them.
Spoiler

new-balance-990-distinct-mid-century-modern.jpg&key=ef42dbcd1c08224f023a614f8024a95bfb7330a1044948008e49a2dd6c1daddc

However, I've had my head turned by Karhu (not the Synchron laced ones though). Talk to me about Karhu, P&B; convince me not to take a speculative punt on a pair of Fusions. Or recommend me something that isn't the usual Adidas/Nike nonsense.

Diadora stuff is fairly well regarded. They have a made in Italy line similar to NB's Made In US/UK line.

On 22/01/2020 at 22:35, Dele said:

Get Fusion 2.0's.

On 22/01/2020 at 22:42, Futureboy said:

Karhu are decent. Good quality, comfy and hold up well after a good bit of wear. Also, they are a bit different from the norm. Hanon usually have a good selection, although I haven't looked for a while. 

Comparible to NB "Made In..." I would say.

On 23/01/2020 at 13:28, mrcat1990 said:

Karhu always end up on sale so hunt about. Never owned a pair myself but those I know that have them definitely dig them.

Cheers troops!

On 23/01/2020 at 13:51, GNU_Linux said:
On 22/01/2020 at 22:25, yoda said:

Diadora stuff is fairly well regarded. They have a made in Italy line similar to NB's Made In US/UK line.

My brother has a pair of Diadora "Made In Italy". He loves them, might have a wee look at them too.

Edited by yoda

2 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I bought a pair of Trimm Trabs online but I'm kinda disappointed.  The quality doesn't seem too great and they're quite tight compared to other adidas of the same size. 

Pretty pish really.

I bought a cheap pair of Trimm Trabs a while ago. I don't mind them but they aren't the best.

Ordered a pair or Amsterdam's today anaw.
Bought a pair last night and was fizzing to discover Adidas was allowing their 20% discount code on them after I had bagged a pair.

5 hours ago, RiG said:
14 hours ago, Busta Nut said:
Ordered a pair or Amsterdam's today anaw.

Bought a pair last night and was fizzing to discover Adidas was allowing their 20% discount code on them after I had bagged a pair.

f**k you for telling me that

Just now, tree house tam said:

Brown trainers? Nah.

I got a pair of brown cracked leather Adidas Chile 62s a few years back as they looked minted on the shelf. Wore them once as they weren't as appealing on the feet. 

unnamed (3).jpg

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I joined up Adidas online, didnt see anything but have a 15% discount. If anyone wants it let me know.

^^ good c**t. 

2 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Brown is a very underrated trainer colour.

^^ dodgy c**t. 

I don't have any of the gr's but all the Dia collab shoes I have are the best kicks I own by a distance. The gr pairs hit sale often as well so a good intro into great quality but at more entry level price.

However have announced will be stopping use of kangaroo leather which is a shame as its the absolute mutts nuts. Doesn't crease.