Bert Raccoon is an OG Samba man. Never liked them personally.

It was a bit of a transitional phase, before them all I would wear were Fred Perry shoes and maybe wasn't quite ready for the big boys Adidas yet. Sadly, the Sambas were binned about four years ago.

I'm guessing you either play a lot of 5s or you're from Bathgate and into heavy metal, with your first pair.

Your second pair im just putting down to you having no imagination and following the herd.

My current pair of Sambas are ruined and I find that they are very comfortable for driving in and also playing fives in. A handy pair of trainers to own for myself.

I like the colour of the Gazelle indoor and with them being in my size I thought I would buy them. It is quite difficult getting nice trainers in a 12 and if you look page a few pages you notice me posting about struggling to get trainers in my size. Sometimes you have to take what you get.

Next time I'll not bother buying any trainers and chuck some money in a Save The Jags bucket.

My current pair of Sambas are ruined and I find that they are very comfortable for driving in and also playing fives in. A handy pair of trainers to own for myself.

I like the colour of the Gazelle indoor and with them being in my size I thought I would buy them. It is quite difficult getting nice trainers in a 12 and if you look page a few pages you notice me posting about struggling to get trainers in my size. Sometimes you have to take what you get.

Next time I'll not bother buying any trainers and chuck some money in a Save The Jags bucket.

Just dont get any of those tears in the bucket!

A quick look on ebay and youll find a wealth of size 12 adidas. All of them a step up from the trainer of choice for the teenage "football casual".

Still wearing these from a trip to Tokyo about 5 years ago:

star-wars-adidas-originals-gazelle-2-bob

These are next if I can find my size anywhere here in Jakarta - always been one out so far:

Can I come to your 6th birthday party?

Just dont get any of those tears in the bucket!

A quick look on ebay and youll find a wealth of size 12 adidas. All of them a step up from the trainer of choice for the teenage "football casual".

Do you fancy a job as my personal shopper?

Saucony aren't everyone's cup of tea but the quality is excellent.

BigMartyn does have a point - I'm size 12 and certain retailers only stock trainers up to size 11. Sometimes adidas in particular only produce miniscule numbers of new releases in size 12. I've been trying to get a pair of size 12 Stockholm from the 2014 release since they were released but it's next to impossible unless I fork out £200+, which I'm just not gonna do. I own a pair of 2011 Malmo in UK 13 (they are made tiny, the 13 is like a size 12) and I've been told there were only TEN pairs ever made. 

• 4 weeks later...