Airdrie vs Dunfermline

Buchanan was decent though, and will always get you 6-7 goals a season.

I thought Buchanan was pretty poor yesterday. He looked nervy on the ball, distribution was poor and didn't seem able to cope when Lister was on him.

His petulant throwing of the ball was hilarious though.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did you expect? JJ is a dinosaur!

Yes my team also has one too, but this one know the level he deals with!

If we ever get promoted (i very doubt) we get fucked very week. like we did in scottish cup!

Long live JJ :P

Looking back after a day to think about it I feel that was one of the most inept, clueless performances I have ever seen from Dunfermline.

As mentioned by Airdrie fans what we lack is width. Been this way since Jordan and McMillan left. Millen isn't a full back, I don't know what he is actually apart from totally shit? Not sure what the thinking is behind playing stirling infront of Millen. It was totally ineffective. Fais did more in five mins when he came on. Geggan looked unfit but again Spence and Ryan T on the bench?

So many utter utter failures in team selection, tactics and signings.

I'm sick of it, God knows what stranraer will do to us next week. How low have we sunk to say that we're now scared of part time sides?

Biggest budget in the league and worst manager.

I'm sure we also played Forfar shortly after if not the week after we beat Dunfermline to go on that run- we drew 1-1 against Forfar as I remember checking the scores coming in while at the Leeds game.

I thought Buchanan was pretty poor yesterday. He looked nervy on the ball, distribution was poor and didn't seem able to cope when Lister was on him.

His petulant throwing of the ball was hilarious though.

I was more meaning relative to the rest of their defence, and indeed new signings, compared to whom I thought he looked alright. Admittedly that's not saying much.

No question, we were well worth our win yesterday. Aside from Big Ben's usual moments of caught-in-possession panic, the team as a whole played well, with every man doing his job.

The Pars were woeful, and never put us under any kind of sustained pressure until it was far, far too late. Their keeper looks dodgy under pressure, and nearly sold a goal when he spilled a free kick to Lister in the first half.

Their keeper looks dodgy under pressure, and nearly sold a goal when he spilled a free kick to Lister in the first half.

That is comfortably the only game he has ever looked dodgy for us. He is a fantastic goalkeeper that should be playing at a higher level. There's just no confidence at all in this team with that clown in charge.

Dreadful defending for the first goal - Pars didn't have a man anywhere near Prunty, and he finished it very well.

Did any of the Pars fans get a better view of our penalty shout in the first half? Prunty was pulled down at the corner of the box and no foul was given. Personally I thought it was just outside the box, but should have been a yellow card for the foul.

It was borderline for the pen. Definitely a foul and a yellow. The linesman was right beside it, pretty shocking that he missed it from ten feet away.

The ref and that linesman got lots of decisions wrong, mostly involving Lister and Geggan for us. Lister was pushing and shoving and dived a few times to win free kicks. It was totally inconsistent. When he was actually fouled the ref gave nothing. Geggan was constantly fouling too and got away with lots.

None of the decisions really changed the game though although the penalty could have. Not a red car though IMO.

Wow, that was a shocker yesterday. Lets get the first thing correct right away, Airdrie were easy and deserving winners and, but for better finishing, they could have won by more goals. They played the better football and were the only team providing any sort of threat. The defending for their opener was woeful and things just got progressively worse.

Amazingly, despite that, I didn't think Buchanan and Page did too badly but I felt the latter was very lucky not to concede a penalty soon after the opener. Looked a foul for grappling with their player and just inside the area.

We offered nothing of note until we scored apart from Smith's first half shot wide from Moffat's cut-back. Yet again, our build up was too slow, predictable and easy to defend against.

The second Airdrie goal was the worst of the three - nobody tracking the runner at the far post and they had so much time to work the ball wide and play a low ball across goal (akin to the second Stranraer goal on Tuesday) and score.

The players need to make more collective responsibility. Yes we can look at team selection / tactics (bring Gozie on to give an ariel threat while taking our only wide man off was baffling) but although they might not be playing well / lack confidence, they still need to do the basics in chasing back and trying to defend properly. Too many gave up the ghost too quickly and that was worrying.

I felt again Moffat was having to do too much work outside the box - he's never going to get chances when he's having to go looking for the ball as the midfield provide no service.

It wasn't so much the defeat but its manner that worried me a lot yesterday.

Archived