Airdrie vs Dunfermline

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Referee was terrible today and the linesman. Its not very often you feel the opposition was hard done by it was that incompetent. Def penalty push by page. Our goal it was a dive by spence. Their offside goal was offside though.

Agreed about the offside goal, was about a yard offside but ran back round the defender which fooled most people. I thought we were pretty good and scored 3 good goals. Dunfermline just didn't look like they had a game plan and their defence was hopeless. Buchanan did a reasonable job trying to hold them together but the other 3 were terrible, particularly the number 4 who was owned by Lister.

Agreed about the offside goal, was about a yard offside but ran back round the defender which fooled most people. I thought we were pretty good and scored 3 good goals. Dunfermline just didn't look like they had a game plan and their defence was hopeless. Buchanan did a reasonable job trying to hold them together but the other 3 were terrible, particularly the number 4 who was owned by Lister.

At a guess page would have been no 4, its laughable he earns a living from football , actually its laughable he gets a penny, an amateur side that paid his expenses would be getting ripped off.

For what it's worth, I thought we thoroughly deserved the win.

For 85 minutes we were sharper, stronger, superior.

Scott Fraser will be a massive loss if he goes back to Utd.

Dunfy looked pretty garbage.

Moffat is a shadow of the player he was.

Falkingham didn't seem to work and their general petulance is symptomatic of an outfit who think they're something they're not.

Only disappointment is that we'll have to pay top dollar for restricted views at EEP next year.

Don't think any Pars fan will have been shocked by yesterday's result. Just about everyone in Scottish football can see Jefferies needs punted yet he remains seemingly unmoveable. This season has been utterly unacceptable and I only hope that when the decision is finally made that it's not been done too late to make a difference, because we're rapidly approaching that point.

Fair play to Airdrie, pumped us again. If you could just take that form into other games you'd be able to challenge for promotion.

Called it before the match. Airdrie seem to only ever raise their game against us but they absolutely deserved that and maybe should have got a couple more. They will never carry it on and will be fortunate to finish above 5th but we're almost as bad and we should just make a play-off place (if we're keeping that buffoon in charge). Make a change in the dug-out and I'd be hoping for a title challenge.

I've moaned for ages now that the midfield is a joke - lots of bodies but no discipline in terms of who does what, resulting in big gaps and also Andy Geggan thinking he's a star striker. In his post match comments, Jefferies makes the same point. It's almost as if he thinks it out of his control - he says he has seen this problem for a while.

He has definitely reached Stephen Kenny levels of detachment from reality. "We need to learn fast to get our shape right". Jim, that has been obvious for about 11 months now and you've not addressed it.

Well done to Airdrie anyway - sounds like your performance touched a nerve with JJ.

I thought Dunfermline were lacking any width, which limited what they could do. Stirling is a pretty average player and he always cuts inside, which against a team sitting in for chunks of the game just means you run into traffic. The full backs for a team like Dunfermline are probably 2 of the most crucial attacking players because they're the only ones with time and space against a deep lying opposition and can stretch the game - the right back just looks like a converted centre back, and the left back barely got forward all game. On top of that you had no wingers wanting to stay wide. It seemed every Dunfermline attack ended with a scrap around the D of the penalty area after them being forced/choosing to go inside.

I criticised Dunfermline's signings at the start of the season because I felt they weren't suited to what Dunfermline would need. Stirling for the reason above, and Moffat because he's at his best on the counter attack with space to run into, he isn't going to get that this season. Buchanan was decent though, and will always get you 6-7 goals a season. A change of manager will obviously help, but there's still a lot of very average League One players in that team.

Don't think any Pars fan will have been shocked by yesterday's result. Just about everyone in Scottish football can see Jefferies needs punted yet he remains seemingly unmoveable. This season has been utterly unacceptable and I only hope that when the decision is finally made that it's not been done too late to make a difference, because we're rapidly approaching that point.

Fair play to Airdrie, pumped us again. If you could just take that form into other games you'd be able to challenge for promotion.

An honest post. As a RR fan its hard to understand how your team which looked so capable at the start of the season is now struggling against teams you'd be expected to breeze past.

Archived