Queens v Rangers

Hopefully the galeforce conditions will have died down by Friday evening. Any game played at Palmerston right at this moment would be an absolute farce.

Or maybe the BT Sport cameras could move into the Arena on Friday and we could recreate the Tennents' Sixes... :)

Forecast is wet Friday afternoon to dry up and wind to drop early evening.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't work Bennett. Look who the most prolific posters on the dedicated Queens thread are. I think I'm third or something. As for the game, we should have a decent chance. At Ibrox, we were hopelessly depleted, particularly in midfield and it really showed, allowing us to get overrun. I can see it however being one of those games where we play alright, miss some decent chances and wind up losing two nil, to one decent goal and another comedy one. It would be a nice one to win though.

Did you really come up for the game MT or are you just going with what you read in the paper?

You and WRK are a right pair eh!?

Saw this on the Queens Mad Site, as I'm not signed up to it I couldn't post but thought it was worth a mention on here.

Real PR disaster and just hope we don't concede an own goal like it on Friday. I feel someone needs to address this and quickly.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=429&fid=206&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110459038

I don't really see anything there needing addressed, quickly or otherwise. The club is far from unique in not having it's admin office open from 9-5pm daily and it's hardly a "PR disaster" because one person has been unable or unwilling to purchase a ticket in advance of the game by any of the potential methods and apparently doesn't know anyone else who would pop in for him on another day either.

The club office is now open longer each day than it has been since early 2012. Opening hours have been extended and whilst it is "officially" closed on Wednesdays, it is usually open for at least part of the day and the Chairman and Commercial team will deal with callers there when they are present. Whilst it is not officially open tomorrow there will probably be someone there for a fair part of the day anyway.

Tickets for the Rangers game were on sale online for over a week. They were on sale in person at Palmerston on Sunday all afternoon (we opened early to save people queueing in the cold weather) and are available from the office for the rest of the week during the published opening hours and most likely beyond in some cases. They will also be available right up to kick off on the evening of the game (for home supporters only) albeit it is possible that there may only be terracing tickets available by then. If someone absolutely needed a seat, couldn't get to Palmerston before Friday and was unable to book it online before that ceased then I'm sure we would have been able to reach a mutual solution with them if they had called up or emailed to discuss it. We're quite good that way!

A lot of people seem to be confused about the staffing of the Arena and the extra positions recently announced as having been created there. For avoidance of doubt, apart from the actual football pitches, the Arena is a venue for businesses unrelated to Queen of the South and the staff who work in it are not employed by the club. The two extra positions created recently were by Caroline Johnstone in the Arena Cafe as a result of increased opening hours. The cafe staff have their own jobs to do and are not in a position to be selling tickets on our behalf. The process of selling tickets, particularly if seating is involved around existing season ticket holders, is not as straightforward and simple as people appear to think and the prospect of asking Cafe staff to deal with that as well as take responsibility and custody for sales cash, ticket stubs for reconciliations, marking up which seats remain available for sale AND transfer tickets back and forward to the office for sales when the office is open is not simple. In short, asking people outwith the club to sell tickets on our behalf outwith normal office hours is a non-starter.

As a club, between the existing staff, Directors and volunteers, I think we do a pretty reasonable job of making it as easy as possible to buy and sell tickets at times convenient for the paying public. Unfortunately unless you have the office manned 24 hours per day, seven days a week, you are not going to suit everybody every time.

SD....are there still tickets left for the main stand and the home section of the East Stand? Also, what's the best time to call in to the office tomorrow to collect tickets? Cheers.

Tomorrow ?

They don't do Wednesdays ;)

SD....are there still tickets left for the main stand and the home section of the East Stand? Also, what's the best time to call in to the office tomorrow to collect tickets? Cheers.

There are still circa 50 tickets for the top right corner of the Main Stand left but they are in places where you will look through the glass for the corner flag and maybe even the goal depending on exactly whats left.

There are somewhere between 150 & 200 left for the Rosefield Salvage Stand which are all in sections 1 & 2 and front couple of rows of 3. Plus some individual seats here and there in Section 3 & 4.

There are no promises about tomorrow. Its likely there will be someone about more often than not but I cant suggest any particular time.

Did you really come up for the game MT or are you just going with what you read in the paper?

You and WRK are a right pair eh!?

I don't manage many away games at all, but I was at that one.

We got a couple of memorable moments, but I don't think we played that well.

Despite scoring twice, we created very little and were vulnerable at the back. We're better placed to perform on Friday.

Just hope we do.

There are still circa 50 tickets for the top right corner of the Main Stand left but they are in places where you will look through the glass for the corner flag and maybe even the goal depending on exactly whats left.

There are somewhere between 150 & 200 left for the Rosefield Salvage Stand which are all in sections 1 & 2 and front couple of rows of 3. Plus some individual seats here and there in Section 3 & 4.

There are no promises about tomorrow. Its likely there will be someone about more often than not but I cant suggest any particular time.

As it stands out of curiosity how many tickets have been sold so far?

I don't manage many away games at all, but I was at that one. We got a couple of memorable moments, but I don't think we played that well.Despite scoring twice, we created very little and were vulnerable at the back. We're better placed to perform on Friday. Just hope we do.

Are we going for a pint Friday night mate, my round?

He will give you a bacon roll and let you park your car in his driveway if you ask nicely, #topbumpkin

Not decided if I am going to this, long drive from Perthshire on a Friday night, plenty of tickets floating about though.

Wow!! Here we have in the one post Tedi saying he comes from Perthshire ( the land that time forgot ) and yet, in the same post alludes to another poster as a bumpkin?

There's stupidity and then there is Tedi levels of stupidity :1eye

I don't really see anything there needing addressed, quickly or otherwise. The club is far from unique in not having it's admin office open from 9-5pm daily and it's hardly a "PR disaster" because one person has been unable or unwilling to purchase a ticket in advance of the game by any of the potential methods and apparently doesn't know anyone else who would pop in for him on another day either.

The club office is now open longer each day than it has been since early 2012. Opening hours have been extended and whilst it is "officially" closed on Wednesdays, it is usually open for at least part of the day and the Chairman and Commercial team will deal with callers there when they are present. Whilst it is not officially open tomorrow there will probably be someone there for a fair part of the day anyway.

Tickets for the Rangers game were on sale online for over a week. They were on sale in person at Palmerston on Sunday all afternoon (we opened early to save people queueing in the cold weather) and are available from the office for the rest of the week during the published opening hours and most likely beyond in some cases. They will also be available right up to kick off on the evening of the game (for home supporters only) albeit it is possible that there may only be terracing tickets available by then. If someone absolutely needed a seat, couldn't get to Palmerston before Friday and was unable to book it online before that ceased then I'm sure we would have been able to reach a mutual solution with them if they had called up or emailed to discuss it. We're quite good that way!

A lot of people seem to be confused about the staffing of the Arena and the extra positions recently announced as having been created there. For avoidance of doubt, apart from the actual football pitches, the Arena is a venue for businesses unrelated to Queen of the South and the staff who work in it are not employed by the club. The two extra positions created recently were by Caroline Johnstone in the Arena Cafe as a result of increased opening hours. The cafe staff have their own jobs to do and are not in a position to be selling tickets on our behalf. The process of selling tickets, particularly if seating is involved around existing season ticket holders, is not as straightforward and simple as people appear to think and the prospect of asking Cafe staff to deal with that as well as take responsibility and custody for sales cash, ticket stubs for reconciliations, marking up which seats remain available for sale AND transfer tickets back and forward to the office for sales when the office is open is not simple. In short, asking people outwith the club to sell tickets on our behalf outwith normal office hours is a non-starter.

As a club, between the existing staff, Directors and volunteers, I think we do a pretty reasonable job of making it as easy as possible to buy and sell tickets at times convenient for the paying public. Unfortunately unless you have the office manned 24 hours per day, seven days a week, you are not going to suit everybody every time.

Ok maybe saying it was a PR disaster was a wee bit OTT but in this day and age when a member of the public has money and has and is trying to spend yet cant, it's not a very good state of affairs.

If you wanted some shopping and Morrisons was closed you'd go Tesco's, it's not exactly good for business.

Archived