East Stirlingshire vs Arbroath

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant. Clyde and montrose r terrible

This

Really should be picking up 3 points at Ochilview and keeping our advantage at the top. Might be harsh on the lad but I can see Shagger replacing Smith in the only change to the starting XI.

This

Really should be picking up 3 points at Ochilview and keeping our advantage at the top. Might be harsh on the lad but I can see Shagger replacing Smith in the only change to the starting XI.

3 points essential from this one. With the other 2 breaking down our neck we need to keep winning against teams like the Shire. One of them will slip up but not this week I fear. C'MON LICHTIES

Hope to see Stewart back on the bench as he was injured last week. Having 3 very good centre mids is a good headache but you feel sorry for whatever one is left out. I'd go for

McCallum

Little nicoll El Zubaidi Johnstone

Linn Whatley hunter carreiro

McManus murray

Was McBride on the bench last week?

Hope to see Stewart back on the bench as he was injured last week. Having 3 very good centre mids is a good headache but you feel sorry for whatever one is left out. I'd go for

McCallum

McManus murray

Yea he was

McCallum

McManus murray

Yes. Same team id go for. I also feel for stewart, he's done nothing wrong but we can't accommodate all 3 unless whatley needs to fill in at full back. Also feel a bit sorry for smith as he had a really good game last week but the murray mcmanus partnership is deadly.

My Dundee supporting friends tell me that they're short on attacking midfielders currently due to injuries, but have ample defensive midfielders to cover, so it sounds like Carreiro may fit exactly what they need currently. I wish him all the best at Dundee, if they play him in the position that suits him he could be okay at that level, but if played too far back in midfield and expected to track opposition players/ play a disciplined position he will struggle. Certainly he showed on Saturday technically he can easily step up a few divisions.

I think for Saturday we have to simply go with the same team as against Annan, as said I do feel sorry for Kieran Stewart and hope he gets a place back in the starting 11 shortly, as has been mentioned it's difficult have 3 good midfielders and having to leave one of them out. I think Craig Johnstone and Scott McBride could do a job as a wing back in a 3-5-2/ 5-3-2 formation which would allow us to play all 3, but Bobby Linn certainly isn't a wing back to play on the other side, and the standard 4-4-2 works very well for us, so if it aint broke.....

If Carreiro is away, I'd simply put McBride into the starting 11 in his place, a straight swap. Less of an attacking threat, but certainly more cover for Johnstone at left back.

Any chances of the game on Saturday being off? IIRC, temperatures just below freezing don't have much effect on a plastic pitch, but after -4/5 or so (which is not forecast) it begins to be an issue?

If Carreiro is away, I'd simply put McBride into the starting 11 in his place, a straight swap. Less of an attacking threat, but certainly more cover for Johnstone at left back.

Any chances of the game on Saturday being off? IIRC, temperatures just below freezing don't have much effect on a plastic pitch, but after -4/5 or so (which is not forecast) it begins to be an issue?

I was more worried about the wind being an issue. Or will this "weatherbomb" be away by then ?

Archived