Sons v Rovers

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was planning on heading to this but not only Saturday's result, the pathetic performance, put a stop to that. It's a shame as I always like going to an away fixture before Christmas and Dumbarton is a great away fixture and easy to get to on the train.

We'll either scrape a 1-0 win or it'll be a convincing 3-0 defeat with a similar performance to QOTS a few weeks ago.

It looks like Murray will unfortunately still be here so his team selection will tell a lot about him. I thoroughly expect Elliot to be back in along with Fox and Scott if they are fit. Not sure if Ellis is still injured but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he got in ahead of Hill.

If Dumbarton do win I'm sad to say I'd rather it be by 4 or 5 goals to ensure the pressure is cranked up further on the board.

Fear not MN, since our last encounter Raith have been like the proverbial slug, plodding along whenever they can be arsed. In that time, Ian Murray has been mining enough salt to fill a cement mixer and plans on unloading it on Grants stupid, mollusc head.

It shows the sad state of affairs with the club when our own fans are hoping for a humping, just so the board feel the pressure to punt Murray after Xmas before its to late ...

Livi where bad this weekend and fired 5 past us, even with 10 men we probably created more than a few past previous games, which to me shows the players are scared of actually going out and playing ... With 10 men its "ok to lose" so to speak, its like the scare factor was lifted and we decided to just attack, which is fine, but not when our defense is as horrible as it is ....

Hill will probably be back which is fine, but I see Murray reverting to Fox/Scott/Elliot all in to for the likes of Callaghan/Stewart which is total BS, a Draw or Dbarton win for me, although in all honesty, I'm probably one of they fans hoping for another pumping LOL ....

I'm heading over for this, and I'm actually quite looking forward to it. I went to the 3-3 draw last season and it was one of the better games I've been to over the last season or two.

Kane and Nish were a real handful in that game, although in fairness, you could pair your backup goalies, Grindlay and Ewings up top, and our ragtag bunch of jobbers would still struggle to contain them.

Would that not give us a bit of an unfair advantage..?

Right enough having 12 on the field isn't fair, but it would be a "Murray favorite", all out defend: 6-4-1 formation ... So we would probably still lose hahaha :P !

BBC forecasting minus three in dumbarton area for.friday night. Expect next dumbarton home game sometime.next march.[/quote

I have always wondered why Dumbarton built their stand so that the sun does not hit the pitch at any time of the winter day ???

A requirement of planning permission unfortunately. Historic Scotland had objected to the stand facing the castle which had been the original proposal.

I recall a midweek game being called off an hour before the game, I had got as far as J18 and turned off for chips, I ended up with a 6 pack for my tea instead.

My dad and I turned up one saturday to Somerset park, only for us to be told by Iain Williamson of all people that it was off! Absolutely shocking sometimes the notice given. We were going to head along to Kilmarnock as they were at home to Dundee United. We didn't bother. The game finished 4-4. :lol:

My dad and I turned up one saturday to Somerset park, only for us to be told by Iain Williamson of all people that it was off! Absolutely shocking sometimes the notice given. We were going to head along to Kilmarnock as they were at home to Dundee United. We didn't bother. The game finished 4-4. :lol:

I went to that Killie game after our game got called off. You didn't miss much- It was the shittest 4-4 you'll ever see.

I recall a midweek game being called off an hour before the game, I had got as far as J18 and turned off for chips, I ended up with a 6 pack for my tea instead.

I got to Methill on Boxing day 2011(?) at 2:40 to be told be Stephen Finnie- the referee- that part of the stand had collapsed and the game was off. There is nothing to do in Methill. Nothing. So I went home again.

I win 8)

I got to Methill on Boxing day 2011(?) at 2:40 to be told be Stephen Finnie- the referee- that part of the stand had collapsed and the game was off. There is nothing to do in Methill. Nothing. So I went home again.

I win 8)

You fool, you could have visited the bowling club where a big dug famously took a shite on the floor in front of a bemused Billy Connolly...

Archived