Sons v Rovers

I totally agree tbh, your on point different players have different ways of playing, different rates of fitness, some enjoy runs, some enjoy sitting, some dig in hard, some prefer to play more laid back and yes some even play through injury ...

But for instance at this minute in time Elliot is a prime example for me, to make it clear I definitely don't intend to get on his back from the off every week, and perhaps like people have said he may be injured, but the constant rolling about, diving, looking for cheap fouls, shoulders slumping, huffing and puffing and his body language in general to me says he just can't be assed ! Even more annoying when youngsters like Vaughen are sitting on the bench, or Stewart other weeks ...

Perhaps I'm totally wrong and off and that's just his "style", but if it is I'd rather he sat on the bench !

Agreed to an extent with Elliot but that's a distinct thing from "not trying". I disliked his diving and his dissent even when he was playing well for us - I suppose I just found it easier to overlook, or at least to rationalise as being an integral part of his game and temperament, when he was playing well because, when it comes to the crunch, I am of course a colossal hypocrite. I'm not going to pretend not to have been aware of it all along though.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only occasion, offhand, when I can vaguely recall shouting in the general direction of a ref was that time the Pars brought two subs on and only took one player off. I seemed to be the only person in my immediate vicinity who noticed, and that was a situation that actually needed to be rectified. So it'd be fair to say I was endeavouring to bring the issue to general attention, but it'd still be a stretch to call it "shouting at the ref", and there was certainly nothing that could be construed as abuse.

"oi ref are you effing blind? Those dirty cheating townie b@$tards just brought 2 Cnuts on and took 1 cnut aff! Feckin fix it ya bassa..."

No not abusive at all...

:P

"oi ref are you effing blind? Those dirty cheating townie b@$tards just brought 2 Cnuts on and took 1 cnut aff! Feckin fix it ya bassa..."

No not abusive at all...

:P

I think it was actually "Please Mr Referee, Sir - might it be possible for me to draw your attention to a minor personnel infraction which I believe to have occurred as a result of a no doubt honest mistake on the part of our valiant opponents this fine afternoon?"

At Dumbarton my thoughts are our players get more shite from our crowd than the opposition fans. I try to support them all but do join in the collective groan when Nish loses another header.

I am proud that we all mostly stay behind to cheer them off the park no matter what the score is.

At Dumbarton my thoughts are our players get more shite from our crowd than the opposition fans. I try to support them all but do join in the collective groan when Nish loses another header.

I am proud that we all mostly stay behind to cheer them off the park no matter what the score is.

There are loads of folk that leave early no matter the score. Plenty walked out at 1-1 with more than 5 minutes to play. Baffling.

There are loads of folk that leave early no matter the score. Plenty walked out at 1-1 with more than 5 minutes to play. Baffling.

it's not baffling, it's dreadful. Same old guys in front of us disappear early every week, regardless the score. As we always say, "snugs open". Really poor,

There are plenty of people all over the country who are on the receiving end of a bollocking frequently in their working lives, from any of frustrated customers/clients/colleagues to random members of the public. Many of them probably get paid a lot less than medicore Scottish Championship players. They often don't react: they are expected to behave professionally and would probably be sacked if they lashed out. Could you blame someone for reacting? Sometimes no, but it solves little.

Emotive outbursts of anger/frustration are an unfortunate fact of life. That doesn't make them right, but they happen.

If you noise people up you must expect that some will react. The lesson is not to shout abuse at people as it my lead to confrontation and possibly violence. Be a better human being.

I think the only time I've ever properly abused a Rovers player was when Iain Davidson got sent off at Albion Rovers for kicking the ball away twice in quick succession. He then proceeded to give the fans the middle finger.

Players don't deserve abuse, as such, equally I'll be damned if I'm applauding a shower of shite off the park every week.

I think it was actually "Please Mr Referee, Sir - might it be possible for me to draw your attention to a minor personnel infraction which I believe to have occurred as a result of a no doubt honest mistake on the part of our valiant opponents this fine afternoon?"

Excellent.

Archived