Sons v Rovers

I got to Methill on Boxing day 2011(?) at 2:40 to be told be Stephen Finnie- the referee- that part of the stand had collapsed and the game was off. There is nothing to do in Methill. Nothing. So I went home again.

I win 8)

An episode of Tutti Frutti featured said bowling club and The White Swan Hotel(sic)

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got to Methill on Boxing day 2011(?) at 2:40 to be told be Stephen Finnie- the referee- that part of the stand had collapsed and the game was off. There is nothing to do in Methill. Nothing. So I went home again.

I win 8)

You should have thrown caution to the wind and went to any given pub in Leven to drink in an atmosphere of impending doom. Having a down on his luck Splinter look-a-like try to lighten your pockets for "50p furra bus hame, mate eh" should be experienced by everyone at least once too.

You should have thrown caution to the wind and went to any given pub in Leven to drink in an atmosphere of impending doom. Having a down on his luck Splinter look-a-like try to lighten your pockets for "50p furra bus hame, mate eh" should be experienced by everyone at least once too.

We're from Dumbarton :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised to see this game postponed. The park will be very wet and we may even see the rive burst its banks with SEPA warnings of flooding for Dumbarton. If it doesn't flood and the weather turns cold then theres still a real risk of the park being unplayable.

With big Nickerson banned for the Flyers, Grant Murray could do worse than draft him into your back 4. Would make the game interesting anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this game postponed. The park will be very wet and we may even see the rive burst its banks with SEPA warnings of flooding for Dumbarton. If it doesn't flood and the weather turns cold then theres still a real risk of the park being unplayable.

With big Nickerson banned for the Flyers, Grant Murray could do worse than draft him into your back 4. Would make the game interesting anyway.

You've just walked into CityDave and FlyerTon's hood, they WILL find you.

I reckon the game will be on. Much less rain predicted over next few days and with the strong winds i don't actally think the pitch will be that bad just now. That is depending on how high the tide has been to let the water drain. Anyhow the current cold weather predicted for friday night is only down to just below freezing for a short spell. So i'm being optimistic and saying the game will go ahead.

I recall a midweek game being called off an hour before the game, I had got as far as J18 and turned off for chips, I ended up with a 6 pack for my tea instead.

I've fortunately only had the one experience of this. Went to a game against Stirling and only found out it was called off when we pulled into the car-park at Forthbank. Fortunately, Smartphones make this a lot easier to avoid now.

I mind going to stranraer one year and not one of us had a mobile phone and the radio was broken in the bus.It was pissing it down all the way down the road and when we got into stanraer town centre those immortal words were spoken from a local " SORRY LADS THE GAME IS OFF BECAUSE OF A WATERLOGGED PITCH."So went to a few pubs got half pissed and traipsed up the road again about 5pm. :)

Who can forget this season Vs that other Fife mob ... All the way through to Dunfermline only for it to rain 10 minutes pre game and the game to be called off, was a joke !

Hopefully this goes ahead, we struggle enough playing 1 game a week, playing 2 in a week will be death hahaha !

Who can forget this season Vs that other Fife mob ... All the way through to Dunfermline only for it to rain 10 minutes pre game and the game to be called off, was a joke !

To be fair that was justified. I don't think anyone could have predicted the level of rainfall that came down prior to KO. It was monsoon'esque.

Volunteers requested to help put down frost covers. If you can please make it down to the stadium for 1pm.

Unfortunately I have a works lunch bought and paid for that starts at half 12 but hopefully enough bodies get down to help out.

Unfortunately can't make it myself but fingers crossed for enough bodies or it could be Jardine and Gilbert on their tod.

Hopefully no one takes the ten spot on offer either.

Unfortunately can't make it myself but fingers crossed for enough bodies or it could be Jardine and Gilbert on their tod.

Hopefully no one takes the ten spot on offer either.

Apparently Alloa and Cowdenbeath are offering more money to their fans... :rolleyes::whistle

Archived