James Keatings?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not doubting Hamilton have made some shrewd choices in the transfer market and amongst their youth ranks.

But if you're telling me that Curier is better than Keatings, you're wrong. That's it. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I like Ziggy Gordon, but.

Who is saying MAC is better than Keatings? I certainly wasn't.

Curier is a limited footballer, but much more suited to the role we ask our striker to play.

yes this in a nutshell, keatings 2 small and not suited up front him self

the way we play mac is better for us

as i have said gr8 2 c keating doing gr8

I said at the time when he joined Hearts that if played up front with a partner he would score goals and how he takes a good set-piece .

So glad to see Keatings doing well , he done great at the start of last season when he played up front with a partner , clever penalty box player for Accies , when our form dropped we went to one up front and Keatings was lost in that role so he was tried out wide which did not suit him due to his lack of pace , seems to have have stepped up his game again this season and hope he keeps scoring .

MAC for all he is clumsy at times suits the way Accies play and is having a really good season for us , holding the ball up better than he has ever done bringing others in to play

James Keatings wasn't good enough for Accies, that was why he left. When Curier got injured last Nov/Dec, our promotion challenge was collapsing around us over the following weeks and Keatings was adding nothing. It was only when we signed Jason Scotland in January to replace him that we got our act together.

Jason Scotland was miles better than Keatings, and Scotland frankly now looks done in the Premier League.

Having watched him week in, week out for two years, I'll be astonished if Keatings makes it as a Premier League player. I would have Curier ahead of him any day of the week.

James Keatings wasn't good enough for Accies, that was why he left. When Curier got injured last Nov/Dec, our promotion challenge was collapsing around us over the following weeks and Keatings was adding nothing. It was only when we signed Jason Scotland in January to replace him that we got our act together.

Jason Scotland was miles better than Keatings, and Scotland frankly now looks done in the Premier League.

Having watched him week in, week out for two years, I'll be astonished if Keatings makes it as a Premier League player. I would have Curier ahead of him any day of the week.

:lol:

Keatings now has better players round about him. You do know that many players improve over time too yes? He will be more than capable of playing Premiership football ffs. :lol:

I said at the time when he joined Hearts that if played up front with a partner he would score goals and how he takes a good set-piece .

So glad to see Keatings doing well , he done great at the start of last season when he played up front with a partner , clever penalty box player for Accies , when our form dropped we went to one up front and Keatings was lost in that role so he was tried out wide which did not suit him due to his lack of pace , seems to have have stepped up his game again this season and hope he keeps scoring .

MAC for all he is clumsy at times suits the way Accies play and is having a really good season for us , holding the ball up better than he has ever done bringing others in to play

A lack of pace is not a term I'd use to describe Keatings.

I really rate him. His delivery from dead balls is very good and he never stops running. His movement is superb and he's got an eye for goal, absolutely no complaints so far.

A lack of pace is not a term I'd use to describe Keatings.

I really rate him. His delivery from dead balls is very good and he never stops running. His movement is superb and he's got an eye for goal, absolutely no complaints so far.

It's pretty easy to overrate our players just now given the level we're at but I don't see Keatings having any problems in the Premiership for all the reasons you state. He's brilliant at stretching defences, it's a pleasure to see a mobile and intelligent frontman at Hearts again.

I think it's a bit disrespectful to Hamilton to be making any great claims for our players given most of the teams we're playing are nowhere near our level.

I've been impressed by Keatings, the last few games especially, but remains to be seen how he'll do against better players. He appears to be intelligent as a player so confident he will do well but then he'd also likely be in the bench if Sow was fit and I'm also no convinced he's better than Carrick.

Really? My goodness. Having seen Keatings a fair bit he looks a very good penalty box striker. Curier on the other hand looks a bit Colin Nish.

Really? My goodness. Having seen Keatings a fair bit he looks a very good penalty box striker. Curier on the other hand looks a bit Colin Nish.

As one of our Hamiltonian correspondents pointed out earlier I reckon he's currently best suited to playing as part of a front two.

If you're going to be playing one up front then his effectiveness is limited and comparisons with more technically limited players who fit in to the lone striker role more naturally become valid.

For a team chasing the title where the onus is on them to go and impose themselves on the opposition like Hearts this season, Hamilton last season, or indeed Celtic where he started out, the two man strike force is going to be pretty standard. For a newly promoted side looking to establish themselves for whom trioa draw generally isn't a disaster the attraction of a five man midfield and a big lad who can hold the ball up may be more appealing.

To put it in perspective he's playing in the top team in the league and has scored less goals than Jordan White who is playing in the bottom team in the league.

Nah no thanks, we've enough shit players in our team without taking one of yours.

Four in a row now for James. How convenient.

post-41703-19432.png

Archived