James Keatings?

He got 3 in the first 2 games followed by a 5 game goalless streak which turned out to be the longest he had in the championship last season.

His challenge at the moment is persuading Robbie that he should stay in the team when Sam Nicolson and Osman Sow are both fit.

He did his case some good at the weekend

Cheers. Had it in my head he scored more than that at the start of last season. Don't know much about Nicholson but can't ever see him getting a game ahead of Sow. More chance of getting in the Accies side.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers. Had it in my head he scored more than that at the start of last season. Don't know much about Nicholson but can't ever see him getting a game ahead of Sow. More chance of getting in the Accies side.

Sow is clearly the main man (when fit) but if we're playing two up front there's still a vacancy.

Assuming we're up against tougher opposition next season we'll probably be playing a lone striker more often.

But we can worry about that then

keatings gr8 wee player and in first half of season scored alot of goals for us

we did offer him a new contract, but he was getting used out wide not up front 2nd half of season and goals dried up for him

gd 2 c him doing well for hearts, fingers crossed hearts win the championship.

keatings gr8 wee player and in first half of season scored alot of goals for us.

I'm confused as to where this perception comes from.

He scored 7 from 15 appearances in the first half of the season and 6 from 15 appearances in the second.

I know football supporters can be unforgiving but that doesn't seem like a particularly dramatic collapse in form

Not enough of a deal to make him stay and play SPL football. He chose to mainly sit on the bench at Hearts.

Aye, I'm sure when he is signing talks with Hearts he was told "you'll be sitting on the bench most weeks".

I'm confused as to where this perception comes from.

He scored 7 from 15 appearances in the first half of the season and 6 from 15 appearances in the second.

I know football supporters can be unforgiving but that doesn't seem like a particularly dramatic collapse in form

just in 2nd half of season he was played out of position and on bench

i would have liked 2 have kept keatings, but our style of play not suited 2 a small player up front him self

glad its working out for him with u

It doesn't take a genius to work out that even with one of the weakest/most inexperienced sides in Heart of Midlothian's history we still only picked up two points less than the side that finished 7th last season.

:lol: You would've been 11th last year without points deductions. The thing about Hearts only going down because of points penalties is one of the most succesful examples of saying something often enough, until it becomes true. Fair play.

:lol: You would've been 11th last year without points deductions. The thing about Hearts only going down because of points penalties is one of the most succesful examples of saying something often enough, until it becomes true. Fair play.

We would have beaten Hamilton in the play-offs. Our form was excellent for the final seven or eight games of the season.

Keatings is a solid enough striker that will probably chip in 10-15 goals this season. He certainly has the potential to be that same type of player at Premiership level for us but never the focal point. I'd maybe take offence at those MEAN THINGS being said about him if he wasn't a former Celtic player.

Well that's that settled then.

Indeed. My predictions are always highly accurate after all. 8)

Not that I care now tbh, this season has been a great wee change from the norm. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

He was a good player at the start of the season, 2nd half when Scotland came in and curier started scoring more he was moved out wide and was poor for most games. Wasn't overly sad to see him leave, put it this way I don't think he would have made any difference to the start we've made, however the guy was brand new, and is still seen at NDP from time to time and was also at fir park for that famous derby win.

Archived