The Rovers beat Elgin...

A bunch of fans, kids, ball boys, directors and miscellaneous others were getting their photie took with. Ciaran Donnelly. The Snuffleupagi were in there with Aloysius cuddling up to the vice-chairman guy who thinks the Rovers are a sleeping giant. I'd guess it's something to do with Ciaran's testimonial but there wasn't an announcement or anything.

In other news : good performance by the Rovers. Cusack and Fisher were upgrades in the midfield and Mullin a good replacement left back. (Anyone know what's happened to Turnbull?)

...but the big question is: what was the big half-time love in all about, Snuffy?

Lol! I was amongst quite a few long-standing supporters roped into a photograph with Ciaran to kick-off his testimonial year. Whilst it was nice to be asked to take part, I can only hope that the calibre of events to follow means that a photo with a few fat blokes from the terraces doesn't end up being the highlight ;)

Anyway, lets's move swiftly on to talk about the game. An absolute stroll in the park for Rovers against the poorest side I've seen so far this year. Great performances from Chappy and Squib, and all in all a decent showing by a freshened team.

Big Gemmell on the bench was a surprise, but that looked tactical to me, with the idea seemingly being to stretch big Marvin and his fellow centre halfs on the deck rather than compete with them in the air. To me that worked well, with Marc McGuigan having his best game at centre forward since he joined us, mainly as we didn't try to use him as a battering ram. I'd still have Gemmell straight back in on Tuesday though.

The Snuffleupagi were in there with Aloysius cuddling up to the vice-chairman guy who thinks the Rovers are a sleeping giant.

I'm pretty sure I was the only Snuffleupagus in there. The wee man was away to collect his ball boy wages (a hot dog and an Irn Bru) and Ryan is far too cool for that kind of stuff nowadays.

Me cuddling the vice-chairman is absolutely true though :ph34r:

I don't know what has kept Kyle out the team for the last two games but my biggest revelation this week was finding out that he's only 19! He's one of the most consistent players in the league. Here's hoping he returns fit and well very soon.

I don't know what has kept Kyle out the team for the last two games but my biggest revelation this week was finding out that he's only 19! He's one of the most consistent players in the league. Here's hoping he returns fit and well very soon.

Yup, agree with all that, but did think he struggled against Berwick and QP before disappearing out of sight earlier this week. That could indicate that he's been carrying something that has eventually forced him out.

I also thought Josh Mullin was excellent at left back today, and I doubt he's much older than 19 either.

I also thought Josh Mullin was excellent at left back today, and I doubt he's much older than 19 either.

^This. Confident, competent performance even for an entirely right-footed player. We are well-covered in most positions now. I'd recall Chris Dallas in the New Year and suggest that we're well-equipped for a title challenge.

Won't have an easier game all season. Elgin offered nothing and were very unlucky when our team decided to let them pick their spot for a long range effort which crashed off the bar...

Question: where there any elgin fans at the game today? I had a look around and didn't see any.

Archived